This was a sample from my order a while back. I haven’t had raw pu-erh in a while! But this reminds me of what I’m missing. I used half the sample pouch, so around five grams. The scent of the dry leaves have a fruity lightness to them. With the first sip, I’m surprised at the creamy smooth texture. The deep yellow brew is delicious with hints of apricot or creamy lemon, very sweet. The finest of raw pu-erhs that I have enjoyed. The best raw pu-erh is always smooth with mysterious fruity flavors. The second and third steeps have stronger flavor but aren’t bitter. I really try to keep the steeps around 30 seconds each time or any raw pu-erh WILL get bitter very quickly. The second and third steeps still have a sweet flavor to them, but there is also an autumn leaf flavor happening. The first steeps of raw pu-erh are always the tastiest. I really need to stock up on a raw pu-erh cake, as I barely have any sheng left at all. It might not be this one though… it really increased my appetite and I don’t really want to be drinking more tea AND eating more food. Some pu-erh makes me hungrier faster though and I don’t need those pu-erhs around.
Steep #1 // five grams for a full mug // 16 minutes after boiling // rinse // 30 second steep
Steep #2 // 15 minutes after boiling // 30 second steep
Steep #3 // just boiled // 30 second steep

Some of my favorite tea shops (still operating):
bluebirdteaco.com

zentealife.com
theteamerchant.net
Rivertea
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: