Thanks for these in the sale, Ost! I always like to try all the pearls. These ones are very light in flavor, even while using four for a full mug. Once unraveled, the leaves look fairly large and fill almost half the brew basket. Though light, the flavor is complex and delicious: slight hints of molasses, chocolate, honey, maple, caramel, tobacco in this light amber brew. Pretty darn good flavors right there. The second cup was deeper in flavor. It wasn’t astringent at all, but it seemed to lose some of the distinct characteristics of the first steep. It was mostly chocolate this time around. I’m not sure how I like these compared to other pearls. The first cup was unique but light, the second cup a lot more like the usual pearl flavor.
Steep #1 // 4 pearls for a full mug// 5 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 minute steep

Some of my favorite tea shops (still operating):
birdandblendtea.com

joysteaspoon.com
tealiciousllc.com
Rivertea
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), turmeric, bee pollen, charcoal type flavors

My ratings: