This one is from Nicole a while back. Thanks so much, Nicole! I’ve been drinking it a couple times, but just now writing a tasting note. It’s an “aged” white tea so I’m sure it will only get better with time. :D The leaves are certainly different than any white tea I’ve seen.,, so many different colors, including some that look like flower petals are thrown in, but no, it’s only the white tea leaves. There is quite the wispiness of flavor changes in this one. The flavors are constantly changing from one sip to the next, so I’ll just list them: first is something like champagne or white wine, hints of the lightest grape, then a starchiness along with some honey. As it cools, it’s the freshest, fruitiest and most floral white tea I think I’ve had. The second steep gets even smoother, probably because most of any white tea leaf fuzzies were in the first cup. Still a sweet cup while having more of that traditional white tea flavor. This time I could swear it’s a little minty and there is no way there was flavor contamination from the infuser. The color of the brew is a deep gold. One of the best white teas I’ve ever had!
Steep #1 // 2 teaspoons for a full mug// 18 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // 3 minutes after boiling // 4 minute steep