Here’s Hoping Teabox – Round Seven- Tea #1
A new round of the teabox to try means FUN. Signups for round eight are open — check it out! I had to give this one a try. PIZZA TEA!!!!! I was amazed with the first sip and it was probably the highlight of my day. I wasn’t that thrilled to try this with the tomato as that is my kryptonite, but with only one piece of tomato in the infuser, I thought it would be okay. PLUS, the basil, which I absolutely love should have balanced out the tomato. And it does. I’m accustomed to tulsi in a tea but that usually tastes very vegetal to me, like green beans. This is more true to actual basil so…. very delicious. The black tea is perfect here with the flavors. It’s so savory and I love tasting the basil more than the tomato which I might be ignoring. There is pepper to which really adds to the pizza flavor! This is good stuff. I love it. It’s unique. I wish 52Teas would try more savory teas, or at least use more of this delicious basil.
Steep #1 // 1 teaspoon for a full mug// 12 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // few minutes after boiling // 5 minute steep