Nobody has wrote a note for this one yet, which is too bad. I’m late to writing a note for it too. But it’s a pu-erh so it can only taste better with age, right? I used about 2/3 of a sample pouch, so probably around 6-7 grams. (Teavivre suggests 5 grams for 12 ounces.) The leaves have a lot of gold to them and a fantastic rich scent. The flavor has depth to it as well, while still having a sweet smooth quality (and NONE of those unlovely pu-erh flavors or fragrances either). On first sip, it reminds me a little of a sticky rice pu-erh, but that disappears further down the mug. Interestingly enough, looking up the tea’s description, Teavivre also mentions a sticky rice aroma. Awesome, I’m glad we agree. The second steep is also deep and delicious. The third steep is a little weaker in flavor, even though I steeped it at boiling for seven minutes. Definitely not like the dark and murky cups of the other steeps. I think I’m finding I really like pu-erh that is around ten years old (this is 2009). This is certainly a lovely enough pu-erh for a decent price! The sample is certainly worth a try.
Steep #1 // 6-7 grams for a full mug// 10 minutes after boiling // rinse // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // few minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep