drank Pecan Pie by Dammann Freres

Sadly, I have a few teas from that DF group order from a couple years ago that I never wrote tasting notes for. This is one of them and seems like the right time to write a note. The black tea here is on the smaller side while the red flowers sure do add some visual appeal. It’d be a boring looking blend without them, as otherwise there is only flavoring. I do love a good homemade pecan pie.. will be making one within the next few days. I tried steeping with my new parameters for DF black teas, or flavored teas in general. The flavor to me seems mostly like marzipan (and the description for the tea does mention almond) so I think the flavoring is more marzipan than anything pecan pie related. It doesn’t even really seem nutty. Even just brown sugar flavoring would have made this seem more like pecan pie than marzipan. It’s not the worst tea, but the flavoring isn’t as accurate as I’d like.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug// 14 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // couple minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Edited to add: This tea DID taste the same to me when I got it, so it’s not a matter of aging as far as I can tell.

Flavors: Marzipan

Kawaii433

Too bad I don’t like pecan pie but I do like saying it like i Harry met Sally. Pe-CAN Piiiiie. :D

Nattie

I thought the exact same thing with this one! Almond pie, sure. Pecan? Nope.

Mastress Alita

I’m not a southanah, but I do like some pe-can pie!

lizwykys

I don’t think DF actually know what pecans are. I’ve seen other comments about their “pecan” not tasting at all like pecan, and I run into titles of teas on their site where they call something “Pecan [Thing]” and list the main flavor as hazelnut. Not the same thing, DF!

tea-sipper

Hmm.. maybe their flavor creators are allergic to pecan so don’t know what it tastes like?

Also, will be eating homemade pecan pie for dessert tonight. :D

Jealous!

Nattie

Lol, maybe they are confusing pecan with praline.

Comments

Kawaii433

Nattie

I thought the exact same thing with this one! Almond pie, sure. Pecan? Nope.

Mastress Alita

I’m not a southanah, but I do like some pe-can pie!

Also, will be eating homemade pecan pie for dessert tonight. :D

Jealous!

Nattie

Lol, maybe they are confusing pecan with praline.

Some of my favorite tea shops (still operating):
birdandblendtea.com

joysteaspoon.com
tealiciousllc.com
Rivertea
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), turmeric, bee pollen, charcoal type flavors

My ratings: