Thanks again, Cameron B! I’m all there for a fig tea from B&B. I wasn’t expecting much from reading other Steepsterers tasting notes. But thanks to whomever lowered my expectations, because I really like this. First of all, I have no idea what a figgy pud would actually taste like. But I bet I would like it. I do like figs. I wouldn’t say this tea screams FIG but it does have a nice, creamy dessert type flavor with a flavor that could also slightly resemble fig. Any spicy flavor is also just a hint, so doesn’t overpower the unique dessert flavor in the cup. The blend is a very solid balance between the spice, whatever the creamy fig flavor is, and the rooibos. Now I want some actual whatever-the-heck figgy pud is. I will say that when googling pictures of ‘figgy pudding’, a photo of B&B’s Figgy Pud tin is included in the results, so that’s fun.
Steep #1 // 1 teaspoon for a full mug // 10 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 minute steep

Edited to add: Now that I’m looking at the ratings for this one again, none are too low, so I was possibly thinking of a different blend…
Also, with more noticeable FIG flavor, that would easily push the rating on this much higher.

Mastress Alita

I think the only holiday tea we all unanimously went wat?! at this year was that Eggnog abomination… I really liked this one.

Roswell Strange

Mentally, I know “pud” is referencing pudding but for whatever reason the only thing I picture when I read it is chewing tobacco. Nasty…

tea-sipper

Yeah, I was probably thinking of that ridiculous eggnog tea. I will be trying that one shortly anyway, thanks to Cameron’s sale.
Hmm… I don’t think of tobacco! haha

Comments

Mastress Alita

Roswell Strange

tea-sipper

Hmm… I don’t think of tobacco! haha

Some of my favorite tea shops (still operating):
birdandblendtea.com

joysteaspoon.com
tealiciousllc.com
Rivertea
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), turmeric, bee pollen, charcoal type flavors

My ratings:
95-100 – Super awesome deliciousness favorites – cupboard essential
80-95 – Also pretty delicious
65-80 – Pretty good
50-65 – Okay
1-50 – Probably won’t want to sip it again

I’m planning on being a Steepsterer as long as there IS a Steepster, so if you’re not hearing from me, that means something happened to my health… if you know what I mean. (Or as evidenced by the great computer hiatus of 2019, something happened to my computer.) :D

Happy sipping!