Additional notes: This was an unexpected gem from the teas you sent, TreeGal! Thanks so much. I don’t know why you sent it over if you liked it so much, but I appreciate it. Steeping it up, the flavor is AMAZING. I had a sample back in the day, direct from Butiki but it seems I like it even more now. This tea still seems SO FRESH still. The lemon is so fragrant! How how how? From what I remember of the tea back in the day, the flavor seems still pretty exact. How is this possible? (Butiki magic.) I may not have used so many leaves back in the day, but I also probably didn’t wait for the water to cool as much. Note to self: perfect first steep. The flavor is just so good – creamy lemon on a lovely white tea base. The second steep – also very lemon. Raising the rating from 86, especially for its aging powers. I probably didn’t appreciate this sample enough back in the day, but there were many many teas from Butiki to appreciate.
Steep #1 // 2 teaspoons for a full mug // 30 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // 10 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep

Kittenna

Yum yum yum. Mine is more lightly flavoured, now.

Fjellrev

Oh man, I finished up my crazy stash a while back. If I were to get a lifetime supply of one single blend, it would be this one, methinks.

tea-sipper

I just have a couple teaspoons left, so I’ll definitely be savoring it a while. I’m pretty sure the lemon will last much longer (somehow!) I REALLY need to start my revisiting-all-the-Butikis project soon.

Fjellrev

I contemplated hoarding them even more so and stretching it out, but was so worried they’d just go stale and it would end up being a waste.

Ubacat

How old is this tea? I didn’t even realize some people still had a stash.

tea-sipper

Oh, I have an extensive Butiki stash. haha. This tea is old but very delicious.

tea-sipper

For funsies, I had to look up how many Butiki teas: I have 39 varieties. A few are almost sipdowns, none are more than two ounces…. but that seems like a lot. I had no idea there were 39 types.

Comments

Kittenna

Yum yum yum. Mine is more lightly flavoured, now.

Ubacat

How old is this tea? I didn’t even realize some people still had a stash.

tea-sipper

Oh, I have an extensive Butiki stash. haha. This tea is old but very delicious.

tea-sipper

Some of my favorite tea shops (still operating):
birdandblendtea.com

joysteaspoon.com
tealiciousllc.com
Rivertea
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: