drank Lavender Lemon Potion by Tealyra

Mastress Alita’s sipdown challenge Sunday, May 2nd: National Lemonade Day Tea #3

I drank the first cup on Lemonade day and the second steep the next day, so getting around to posting this now.  Ever have a wacky complicated tea blend turn out EXACTLY like how you wanted it to be?!  That is this blend for me.  I blind bought 50grams…it’s the perfect amount of lavender flavor, lemon flavor, sweetness from the one white chocolate chip in the teabag, and even the perfect amount of tartness from the hibiscus.  Lovely.  So so good.  It reminds me a bit of Bird & Blend’s Moondrop Dreams or like a very elaborate French dessert cookie.   It has the tartness of a lemon rind type of flavor, but also sweet lemon,  but then also sweetness from the white chocolate chip and a bit of floral from the lavender.  It’s balanced quite amazingly.  Very glad I bought it, would buy it again and Tealyra better not discontinue it!
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for big mug // 15 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 5 minute steep

tea-sipper

Reading Mastress Alita’s note again, I’m glad her great note convinced me to buy this one. This is what Steepster is for. :D

AJRimmer

I love the idea of white chocolate in there! How fun!

Mastress Alita

I absolutely love this tea! One day I’ll restock it… (TBH, I figured it was just a “me thing” cause I’d say this tea is pretty hibby heavy, which I like and most others on Steepster do not).

tea-sipper

Not too much hibiscus for me! I hope this blend ages well… possibly the hibiscus takes over or something. I already consider this blend a cupboard essential!

Comments

tea-sipper

AJRimmer

I love the idea of white chocolate in there! How fun!

Mastress Alita

tea-sipper

Some of my favorite tea shops (still operating):
birdandblendtea.com

joysteaspoon.com
tealiciousllc.com
Rivertea
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), turmeric, bee pollen, charcoal type flavors

My ratings:
95-100 – Super awesome deliciousness favorites – cupboard essential
80-95 – Also pretty delicious
65-80 – Pretty good
50-65 – Okay
1-50 – Probably won’t want to sip it again

I’m planning on being a Steepsterer as long as there IS a Steepster, so if you’re not hearing from me, that means something happened to my health… if you know what I mean. (Or as evidenced by the great computer hiatus of 2019, something happened to my computer.) :D

Happy sipping!