drank Silver Needle by Adagio Teas

I’m not even sure about number ratings, anymore. Or……well, I think I’m going to add the rating after I drink the full cup, or at least halfway through. Random little side note.

Azzrian, this is one of yours. Thanks! :-)

Smell: Dry, this was grassy. Steeping, there is only one scent I can compare it to, and it is going to sound strange but…spinach. Cooked, of course, but yeah, that’s what it reminded me of. And I was slightly turned off for a moment, but then I reminded myself that it doesn’t mean the tea is going to taste bad. Or like spinach. It’s just a grassy tea.

Taste: Grassy, kind of reminding me of green tea a bit, and plant-like. Some other reviews mentioned honeysuckle, and after adding my desired sugar amount, and a tad bit of honey, this is definitely true. It’s a very sweet, floral taste, with almost a honey (before adding more, and after) taste, and I really like it. It’s not overly vegetal, and again, it’s sweeter to me, and I like that. It’s a wonderful balance, and it’s white, so it’s a lighter tea. Nice for afternoon, and good for me as I’m trying to relax.

I guess now would be a good time to note that most of my tasting notes are written after only tasting a few first sips. Most of my good teas though get better deeper in, but don’t change so much that I have to go back and completely re-write a note. So another side note. I do those a lot. Sorry! :)

Finishing the review, not even half a cup done yet, but I think I can rate, and high, too. :-) Nice, soothing cup!

Azzrian

Glad you liked it!

Violet

Yeah, it made me nervous for a minute, but once I drank it, I was really surprised. That’s another reason I love tea—it can surprise you.