This is the strangest tea I’ve had, to date. First the good; There are no preservatives, no artificial flavourings, no colouring or other additives and it’s non-GMO. This tea is fairly simple with only two ingredients, organic pineapple and organic ming aralia. Now the not so good; the taste! It’s not that it tastes terrible, it just tastes very odd, courtesy of the ming aralia, which tastes like exactly what it is, a shrub! Off putting. I can taste the pineapple and it does taste natural and sweet but the flavour seems to sit at the bottom of the cup with the bag so it needs a good stirring before you drink it. I got through my first cup and admittedly, did not enjoy it so when I did a re-steep, I added some frozen pineapple chunks I had in my freezer to make the tea more bearable. I’m sure some people would appreciate this tea but it’s definitely not for me and I would never buy it again. Luckily, I have a big bag of frozen pineapple chunks which I will add to this tea every time I drink it so I can get through the box. I’ve rated it a 50 due to the fact that it does have good qualities but if it wasn’t so “natural”, I would have rated it lower.

Flavors: Pineapple, Plants

Karen Shabshelowitz

Love this tea but can’t find it anywhere to buy. I bought one box in the local Marshalls but very sadly can’t find any more. Please tell me where I purchase it!

teapartyfortwo

I got mine at Winners but since I bought mine, they haven’t had it back in stock and I haven’t seen it anywhere else. I didn’t like it so I gave my box away.

Comments

Karen Shabshelowitz

teapartyfortwo

I’ve loved tea since I was a kid. I used to think it was a treat to have an orange pekoe tea with cream and a lump of sugar. When I was little, it made me feel like a real grown-up! I still love tea and drink it every day. I love trying new teas and find my cupboard filled to the max with more teas than a person should have! I love sitting down and relaxing with a hot cup of tea!

I drink a lot of green tea. The teas I’ve drank up to this point have been relatively boring but that’s how I generally prefer my tea, very low key.

This past Fall my sister introduced me to David’s Tea. She’s been a big fan for quite awhile now and now I’m on the bandwagon with her! My tea cupboard just got a lot more exciting! Now that I’ve become acquainted with David’s, as of late I am also introducing myself to some other brands as well thanks to the reviews here on Steepster!

I’m so happy that I discovered this site (by accident) and can’t wait to start rating teas, writing tea notes and meeting all of the other members.

A little bit about me: My name is Jason, I have 2 cats and I work in the health care and retail fields.

Ontario, Canada