drank Gingerberry by GT's Kombucha

I like this one better than the Trilogy one. The blueberry sweetens out the sharpness of the ginger and the kombucha’s vinegar-esque taste. Much more mild and rounded-out in flavor.

I think I’m fascinated with kombucha because it’s such a weird food. And it relaxes the hell out of me, like a beer would, except that it’s much more interesting and healthy than a beer. Plus, I don’t end up paying “sin taxes” on kombucha, like I would with an alcoholic beverage.

I should probably just start my own SCOBY operation, because buying the bottled stuff from the store is threatening to break the bank.

Hello! 28, female, American. A total hopeless bookworm— I have a Bachelor’s and a Master’s in English. I also love dogs, all things that are colored purple, and sarcasm. I work in the Information Technology field at present.

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

Favorite tea types: Black, pu’erh, oolong, kombucha, genmaicha, matcha, rooibos, honeybush (recent change of heart there), and floral greens.

Favorite flavor notes: Roasted, fermented, earthy, floral, nutty, bread-y, umami; dessert-inspired flavors like chocolate, vanilla, and maple.

I’m very picky about chai and spice/ spicy blends as well as fruit-flavored teas; they really need to be done right, IMHO. I’m iffy about mate, as well as herbal teas, although there are a few tisanes that I enjoy (roasted dandelion root, chamomile).

Flat-out dislike: White tea, most unflavored green teas, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint.

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.