This is the other tea my fellow library intern friend gave me. I’ve never tried genmaicha before, either.

The dry leaf smells sweet, like organic candy. When I steeped it, it smelled strongly of burnt rice. It tastes like toasted bread, butter, and grassy green tea. It’s a very savory tea, and I can tell that this particular green tea base is very good quality. Not bad!

Note: I tried for a second steep, and I think either I oversteeped it, or the popped rice doesn’t do well with second steepings, because I got a burnt-tasting, highly vegetal cup, which I didn’t enjoy. More experimentation is necessary!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Grass

Hello! I love literature, politics, handmade jewelry, all things purple, and sarcasm. I work in the Information Technology field at present.

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

Favorites: Black, oolong, rooibos, genmaicha. Vanilla, chocolate, fruity, nutty, bready, roasted, dessert-inspired flavors. Floral greens. Kombucha.

I’m very picky about chai and spice/ spicy blends. I’m also also iffy about mate and herbal teas, although there are a few that I enjoy (roasted dandelion root, chamomile).

Dislikes: White tea, unflavored green teas, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint.

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.