drank Gingerberry by GT's Kombucha

I was craving kombucha today. I think I really just needed something cold, relaxing, and healthy in my life. I love my current job, but it does require a LOT of standing. And the weather has been driving me mad lately. Dry heat, I can handle. Suffocating humidity for days on end, not so much…

But anyway, to the tea. This is my favorite flavor of kombucha that I’ve had so far. I think the tart-sweet blueberry juice and the sharp ginger mix well together, and the acidity of the kombucha itself makes for a very lively and fizzy drink.

The experience of drinking kombucha does take some getting used to, but once you know what to expect, it kind of grows on you (ha). It also has the added benefit of making me sleepy and relaxed. I think it’s the trace amounts of alcohol that the fermentation process leaves behind. Fine by me. It’s good for a healthy treat every now and then.

Hello! 28, female, American. A total hopeless bookworm— I have a Bachelor’s and a Master’s in English. I also love dogs, all things that are colored purple, and sarcasm. I work in the Information Technology field at present.

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

Favorite tea types: Black, pu’erh, oolong, kombucha, genmaicha, matcha, rooibos, honeybush (recent change of heart there), and floral greens.

Favorite flavor notes: Roasted, fermented, earthy, floral, nutty, bread-y, umami; dessert-inspired flavors like chocolate, vanilla, and maple.

I’m very picky about chai and spice/ spicy blends as well as fruit-flavored teas; they really need to be done right, IMHO. I’m iffy about mate, as well as herbal teas, although there are a few tisanes that I enjoy (roasted dandelion root, chamomile).

Flat-out dislike: White tea, most unflavored green teas, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint.

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.