drank Red Chai Masala by Organic India

Oh, yum! I really worried that the cinnamon would overpower everything else in this blend, because tulsi is a mild flavor, and my experience with chai rooibos thus far has been less than stellar. I’ve also had the plain tulsi, the sweet rose, and I think the lemon ginger tulsi blends from this company, and didn’t truly love any of them. The plain tulsi was medicinal-tasting and boring, the rose kind was sickly sweet, and the lemon ginger was a little bland.

But this works really well. It’s earthy and spicy and smooth. You can sense just from sipping how full of good things it is. It’s rare that you find a medicinal blend that legitimately tastes good, especially if it’s bagged, but this one manages it.

10/10, would recommend.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Earth, Ginger, Rooibos, Spices, Tulsi

Hello! 28, female, American. A total hopeless bookworm— I have a Bachelor’s and a Master’s in English. I also love dogs, all things that are colored purple, and sarcasm. I work in the Information Technology field at present.

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

Favorite tea types: Black, pu’erh, oolong, kombucha, genmaicha, matcha, rooibos, honeybush (recent change of heart there), and floral greens.

Favorite flavor notes: Roasted, fermented, earthy, floral, nutty, bread-y, umami; dessert-inspired flavors like chocolate, vanilla, and maple.

I’m very picky about chai and spice/ spicy blends as well as fruit-flavored teas; they really need to be done right, IMHO. I’m iffy about mate, as well as herbal teas, although there are a few tisanes that I enjoy (roasted dandelion root, chamomile).

Flat-out dislike: White tea, most unflavored green teas, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint.

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.