drank Buttermint by Twinings

This one caught my attention immediately in the grocery store last night. Vanilla-flavored mint? Sign me up!

It radiates a weird, rubbery smell while brewing, kind of like the way new Converse shoes smell, with a dash of minty toothpaste thrown in.

I tried not to let that initial smell turn me off, though, and I was glad for it— The experience of drinking this tea is amazing! The vanilla gives it a thick, creamy mouthfeel, like melted frozen yogurt. I get notes of custard, vanilla pudding, sweet mint, and it finishes with a slight cooling sensation on the palate, characteristic of peppermint.

You can’t really oversteep it, either, because it’s so mild. 7/10, would recommend to anyone who doesn’t let the initial smell of a tea deter them!

Flavors: Creamy, Custard, Mint, Peppermint, Sweet, Vanilla

Hello! I love literature, politics, handmade jewelry, all things purple, and sarcasm. I work in the Information Technology field at present.

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

Favorites: Black, oolong, rooibos, genmaicha. Vanilla, chocolate, fruity, nutty, bready, roasted, dessert-inspired flavors. Floral greens. Kombucha.

I’m very picky about chai and spice/ spicy blends. I’m also also iffy about mate and herbal teas, although there are a few that I enjoy (roasted dandelion root, chamomile).

Dislikes: White tea, unflavored green teas, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint.

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.