Rooibos works best when it’s bagged, because the loose leaf is so fine that it goes straight through my mesh strainers and I spend the entire experience scraping it off my tongue and picking it out of my teeth. So I appreciate that Sipsby chose to send me the bagged version. If they hadn’t, I’d’ve just wound up making my own teabags with the empty bags they provide anyway.
This is a smart and enjoyable blend, as cocoa and rooibos both have earthy notes, and the orange note comes through right at the end as a bit of a palate cleanser. I also appreciate that it’s organic. A nice break from plain rooibos, and very satisfying and warming on this chilly, snowy afternoon.

Flavors: Cocoa, Earth, Orange, Sweet

Hello! 28, female, American. A total hopeless bookworm— I have a Bachelor’s and a Master’s in English. I also love dogs, all things that are colored purple, and sarcasm. I work in the Information Technology field at present.

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

Favorite tea types: Black, pu’erh, oolong, kombucha, genmaicha, matcha, rooibos, honeybush (recent change of heart there), and floral greens.

Favorite flavor notes: Roasted, fermented, earthy, floral, nutty, bread-y, umami; dessert-inspired flavors like chocolate, vanilla, and maple.

I’m very picky about chai and spice/ spicy blends as well as fruit-flavored teas; they really need to be done right, IMHO. I’m iffy about mate, as well as herbal teas, although there are a few tisanes that I enjoy (roasted dandelion root, chamomile).

Flat-out dislike: White tea, most unflavored green teas, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint.

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.