Aged Tangerine Pu'erh

Pu-erh Tea
Citrus, Cream, Drying, Tangy, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by 3 Leaf Tea
Boiling 0 min, 45 sec 4 g 3 oz / 80 ml

• “I’ve finally made my way over to this brew. I’m going to start off by saying that I brewed gongfu, and I believe this should be brewed western (I have trouble listening). Anyways, this is still a...” Read full tasting note
  • “3 Leaf Tea offered samples for review. I asked for this one in particular as I have never tried a tangerine pu’erh. The brewing instructions are for a western style brewed cup. 1 tsp of leaf and a...” Read full tasting note

From 3 Leaf Tea

Product description not available yet.

About 3 Leaf Tea View company

I’ve finally made my way over to this brew. I’m going to start off by saying that I brewed gongfu, and I believe this should be brewed western (I have trouble listening). Anyways, this is still a decent brew. The leaves have several tangerine husks scattered throughout. The dry leaf has a citrus scent with earth mixed in. I placed a small amount (didn’t have much) in my warmed gaiwan, and I gave it a shake. The warmed scent is sweet and dry with, of course, tangerine aromas. I washed the leaves and prepared for brewing. The liquor is a clear crimson. The taste is nice and sweet. There is a lot of broken leaf, so the brew made quite a mess. There is a numbing sensation of the tongue, which is followed by a light tangerine creme flavor. This is a nice drink, but it is not overly complex. I strongly believe this would be more appeasing if brewed western. I was able to pull about five steeping sessions from this brew. The flavor is still dessert like, earthy, wooded, and heavily drying. It’s a good experience, but it’s not something I’d personally own. Also, I just learned that this company is not too far from, so I may be stopping by for tea.

Flavors: Citrus, Cream, Drying, Tangy, Wood

Boiling 0 min, 45 sec 4 g 3 OZ / 80 ML
3 Leaf Tea

I’d love for you to visit! Make sure if you do, you introduce yourself :)

Haveteawilltravel

I plan on it :) I just realized how close you are. I’ll bring my chawan, and we can have matcha :)

3 Leaf Tea offered samples for review. I asked for this one in particular as I have never tried a tangerine pu’erh. The brewing instructions are for a western style brewed cup. 1 tsp of leaf and a cup of boiling water with a 3 minute steep.

The dry leaf is very pleasant to sniff. It is hay and fruit. The steeped leaf is barnyard but I know this seldom translates into the cup. The brew is almost ‘tea’ colored but a little more ruby tinted than your average orange pekoe.

The taste is dusty dry spiciness with a hint of tangerine zest. It is not astringent or bitter. There is a gentle but deep earthiness that confirms this is pu’erh. The second cup was pretty much like the first except maybe a touch more towards sweet. Goes down easily.

Not a deeply complex tea but a nice everyday sipper. Seems like a good base to play with your herbs and spices to see what you can invent.

mrmopar

Try some of the peel when you brew. It makes it a different tea sometimes.