Chocolate Matcha

Matcha Tea
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From 3 Leaf Tea

TASTING NOTES:
Creamy, Sweet, Rich

A chocolate lover’s perfect pairing! Delicately sweet, with a smooth cacao flavor, this matcha is the perfect pick-me-up.

INGREDIENTS:
Premium grade matcha infused with natural chocolate flavor.

About 3 Leaf Tea View company

Strange VariaTEA TTB: Tea 2

Yesterday I got up at 4:30 am so I could get a ride to work with my brother-in-law. I got to the office at 6:30 am and learned the lights don’t even turn on until 7 am. Thankfully the printer worked and I was able to print my 8+ lb application in the dark. My plan was to get the application out asap and then I could leave at 2:30 pm. Since I was leaving early, I also didn’t bring a lunch because I was going to meet up with a friend. Obviously things didn’t go according to plan and I only left the office at 4:15 pm.

All that is to say I was super grateful for this matcha milk, made with a matcha shared in the TTB by Roswell Strange (thank you!). I didn’t like the matcha. I like sweet matcha milks and that isn’t this. I did like some caffeine. I think me and 3 Leaf Tea aren’t a match. Though this was sorta cocoa flavoured. Cocoa. Grass. No sweetness. Good for some, but not for me.

Courtney

I used to work in an office that didn’t have the lights on until 7a as well haha. Yay for the printer working though!

VariaTEA

Thankfully there were flood lights in the main space so I wasn’t fully in the dark

Please keep things friendly and .

Definitely not great but, in all honestly, my expectations for this flavour in particular were very, very low – I firmly believe that there is not a “chocolate matcha” on the market that actually taste good that doesn’t rely heavily on the addition of cocoa powder to convey that flavour…

This is very waxy and, despite using natural flavoring, artificial tasting to me. The best I can compare it to is a very surface level or superficial version of really cheap Easter chocolate but without any of the sweetness. It’s not really bad bad but there’s something about it that is just very off.

Chocolate is just such an incredibly challenging taste to convey using only flavouring and this just classicly falls prey to not getting it right, imo.

Please keep things friendly and .