Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish Black Tea

Blueberry, Vanilla, Berries, Cream, Pastries
Edit tea info Last updated by Southern Boy Teas

2 Images

• “I am REALLY tempted to get the iced version of this. REALLY tempted. My one hold up is how much I like it with milk and sugar, though… you can’t exactly do iced tea with milk unless it’s like a...” Read full tasting note
  • “Mini sipdown. I have officially finished up the last of my first package of this one. I have an unopened package still sitting in my cupboard but i’m fairly certain that will just be tossed into...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea is officially my favorite tea. I have put my order in for a pound! Frank has kindly said yes to my request and if all goes well with the mail, I will be receiving a beautiful pound of tea...” Read full tasting note
  • “This was my first cup today. Had a late start, but it was so nice to get some extra sleep! This tea is perfect as a breakfast tea. Went nicely with my toast topped with butter and blueberry jam!...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Wow are you guys in for a treat this week!

Here’s our premium Indian black teas (a little extra Assam in this blend since I envisioned it as a breakfast tea) blended with GREAT BIG, whole freeze-dried blueberries and natural flavors. I have a feeling this is going to be a VERY popular blend. Enjoy!

About 52teas View company

While this isn’t my favorite 52 teas blend it’s quite good. My only complaints are that the base is a bit bitter and the blueberries taste more dehydrated than fresh, though I have no idea how you’d get a fresh blueberry taste in tea so it’s probably as good a flavor it’s going to get.

I forgot this tea was steeping, so I went well over the suggested 4-5 minute steep time. (It was probably closer to 10-15 minutes…yikes!) I was afraid that the tea would be bitter and undrinkable having steeped so long, but I was pleasantly surprised by both the aroma and taste.

The plump, full blueberries in the tea are the star here, transforming a plain cup of black tea into something extraordinary. I added sugar and just a touch of cream to bring out the cream cheese notes in the blend, and it was a very, very satisfying cup.

I just have to remember next time not to oversteep it!

Boiling 8 min or more

Oh Emilie, you do spoil me! This is a fantastic tea! I am drinking it for breakfast as I type and am overwhelmed by the bursting flavors. The blueberry is strong in this one. This is a very well balanced breakfast black with an amazing depth of creamy flavor. Now this is a tea i would drink each and every morning!

I’ve run out of banana bread black by 52 teas (I may cease to exist until a reblend).

Luckily, Lisbet sent me a pouch of this in a swap, and while not quite the crack that banana bread black has become for me, it is really quite good.

The dry tea is definitely blueberry all the way. I could imagine myself sitting on hot Canadian shield rocks in late summer, picking and eating the ripe, wild blueberries. A great feeling to have from smelling a bag of tea!

Steeps up nicely, with blueberry smells wafting around the room. I’m not quite as fond of the black Assam base, but the blueberry taste is rich and lovely, not at all fake and just perfectly sweet. Definitely an overall good tea, although it won’t replace my banana bread sigh

I love this tea. The scent of the dry leaves is the most amazing blueberry bakery scent ever. Steeped, I get a creamy blueberry on a nice black base. I’m happy I have a whole bag of this – I just hope this gets reblended at some point.

Holy stromboli! It doesn’t get much better than this. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t order this because I already love DT’s Blueberry Jam and I was looking to see whether or not it was indeed the best blueberry black tea. Wrong! This one takes the cake by a mile! It’s the first pastry tea where I can actually taste the flaky danish-y goodness. The blueberry also tastes much more “real” compared to other blueberry teas. I didn’t put any sweetener in it – the blueberries sweeten the cup nicely on it’s own. However, a splash of milk really brings this blend to life. Really happy I ordered it!

Sniffing the tea leaves reminded me of freeze-dried blueberries, which are not particularly appealing. Drinking the tea, I can’t really taste the blueberry or the danish… and yet, it’s definitely not just a plain black tea. I can smell blueberries, and perhaps taste a hint of something reminiscent of a danish, but if someone handed me this tea blind, I would have no clue what it was supposed to be. Tastes pretty good, though!

Thanks to LiberTea for passing on a sample!

Having this tea this morning, now that my traveling box has traveled on.

I am enjoying this tea, and would like to buy more of it…somewhere. I can really taste the blueberries and it tastes like a blueberry danish. It really does! I especially enjoy AFTER the sip, where I can still taste the blueberry danish, and it all comes together then…after the sip.

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Add a bit of cream to your cup and from time to time, you will have a sip of vanilla blueberry swirl ice cream. I could do with more vanilla and more blueberry, but really, I like it as is even though the flavours are mellow and mild. Delicious.

Thank you for this, VariaTEA.

Flavors: Blueberry, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Indigobloom

UHMMMM can’t wait to have this again! yum

Alfredo

its yummmmmmmmmmmy i love it…..

So thrilled to have won the 52Teas May giveaway box! It came in the mail today and it’s brimful of exciting flavors :) Many thanks to Anne and Amethyst!

I decided to try this one first because I was curious to see just how much it could taste like blueberry danish, and the answer is VERY. It smells and tastes spot on, right down to those sort of jelly notes from the filling. The base tea provides good support, but doesn’t distract from the blueberry, which is very clearly the star of the show. I don’t get much cream cheese, but I feel like when I’ve eaten blueberry danish, I didn’t get much cream cheese there either — like it’s just a little smear usually to keep the blueberry from soaking into the pastry. So overall, the flavor balance seems incredibly accurate. Usually when I get flavored teas they just sort of vaguely taste like whatever they’re named after. I want to know what kind of alchemy is going on here!

52Teas

LOL – now everyone knows what the Retro tea is this month! :)

52Teas

PS: Congrats on winning – we’re very glad that you’re enjoying the package!

CrowKettle

Hype! This is one of my old favourites :P

Also, congratulations!

Tamarindel

@52Teas Whoops! Sorry if I let the cat out of the bag, I wasn’t even thinking about that :/ But it is amazing! Thank you!

Tamarindel

Thanks for the congrats @CrowKettle, definitely hyped to be exploring more of 52Teas offerings, I’ve read so many mouth-watering reviews about them here :)

52Teas

Not a big deal – although – this was an extremely limited reblend because I had a very limited supply of the Fujian black tea that I used in the blend. That is to say that I have a feeling that I’m going to have some disappointed individuals because the tea will sell out very fast due to the limited supply. :(

52Teas

On the other hand, I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed the tea!

Fjellrev

Congratulations! That is so exciting.

And OMG, I need more of this in my life. My absolute favourite 52teas blend!

Tamarindel

@52Teas I can see it now — instead of the Hunger Games, we’ll have the Tea Games, everyone dueling for the last cup of this. I am not terribly literate about black tea bases, but I have seen ‘Fujian’ popping up in a lot of my favorite flavored teas. Must be an important part of the magic in this batch. Hopefully Fujian has a good crop this year and you can get more in :)

Tamarindel

Thanks @Fjellrev! I hope you can get some of this batch, the blueberries are huge! It’s been so fun trying this box, I’ve tried the cucumber one now too, and as weird as the flavor sounds, it’s delicious :)