Rainbow Sherbet

Lime, Orange, Raspberry, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Southern Boy Teas

• “I’m so happy to have this tea again even if it’s just enough for a few cups. Thank you for sharing, Kittenna! So weird thing happened. I got Allegra D for my allergies for the next week before I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Returning from another Unlogged Period, though not a Great one this time, a Small one. I had a pretty bad headache this afternoon for the second day in a row. Usually I like plain strong black teas...” Read full tasting note
  • “Hot-brewed and chilled some of this a few days ago. It’s ok; it mostly certainly is very tart-citrusy-sherbety, but it’s a little bit on the acidic and astringent side. Perhaps it’s an age thing?...” Read full tasting note
  • “Yeees my pouch came today! Out of this world delicious, and I was brave and steeped it with boiling hot water, just a bubblin’ away, and it wasn’t bitter O: Only steeped for 2 minutes, but to be...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

I know you are dying to know about our newest tea of the week. I am drinking it iced now, and it is SO delicious and refreshing and totally original. (Would you expect anything less from 52teas?)

We’ve blended our premium Indian black teas with real freeze-dried orange sections, freeze-dried raspberries and natural lime, orange and raspberry flavors (with just a touch of natural vanilla flavor to give it that smooth sherbet essence).

This tea SMELLS simply INCREDIBLE, like you just popped open a carton of rainbow sherbet, and the flavor is like someone melted a scoop of rainbow sherbet in your tea. Lime, orange, raspberry–who knew such an unusual combination would prove to be so delicious?

About 52teas View company

I bought this awhile back. It took me a couple of times to get it tasting the way I wanted. So make sure to have plenty of leaf and a short steep time. Honestly even with sugar with it being really warm the flavors were faint but when I let it cool this started to get pretty good orange,some lime abit of raspberry and a hint of vanilla with the black tea. This is pretty good cool and the flavors are nice and natural and refreshing. I really need to ice this.

This is really good. It’s boldly flavored, refreshing, fruity, and sharp. The aftertaste is nicely creamy. I find myself craving another cup. I’m learning that I really enjoy lime flavoring in tea.

I made this one iced using 200°F water, steeping for 2.5 minutes, and storing in the refrigerator overnight. The tea is slightly astringent, but not at all bitter.

This is the right tea as I get ready to head out into the cold, get into a subway to deal with the crowds in Times Square so I can go to work.
It has that familiar flavor of sherbets I had as a kid at Baskin Robins…just more natural ;)
Raspberry, Orange and lime nicely combined. No bitterness. kinda sweet..a little sugar “brought it together”, but optional
Another hit from 52teas

I ordered three little taster pouches of this tea, and I’ve come to the end of the first one, so this is a sobering reminder that my supply is finite. Excellent tea though. Love the raspberry, citrus and cream notes. If I wasn’t trying extremely hard to ration this tea, it would be my daily afternoon cup.

This is the featured reblend for March. I just announced this tea in the wee hours of yesterday morning and it’s already nearly sold out with just a few taster pouches remaining. (I have a couple of people out there who absolutely love this tea!) This tea had a lot of votes during last year’s poll for the 12 Teas of Christmas box – a lot but not quite enough to make it into the Christmas box – so I decided to reblend it now. Besides, summer is coming up and this tea tastes amazing iced! (It’s good hot too, which is how I’m drinking it now – but it’s spectacular iced!)

When its piping hot, I pick up on a lot of creamy vanilla notes. The fruit flavors are more like a fruit medley rather than specific fruit flavors. I can definitely taste fruit but does it taste specifically like raspberry, lime and orange? I can’t say. However, the creaminess of the vanilla along with these fruit notes is absolutely delightful so I’m not complaining that I can’t distinguish the fruit flavors.

The black tea is a solid, well-rounded flavor that isn’t too aggressive – but it’s strong enough to be noticed.

As it cools, more of the fruit notes begin to pop. I still get a nice hint of vanilla but as the fruit emerges more, the vanilla seems content to soften a bit and let the fruit shine. The lime and orange are bright and those are the two fruit flavors I notice first. The raspberry weaves it’s way in and out.

As it continues to cool, I sometimes notice more raspberry than orange or lime. Sometimes it’s more lime than the other two – and sometimes it’s more orange. It’s kinda like if I were actually eating a bowl of rainbow sherbet – sometimes there’s a bit more raspberry in the spoonful than the other two flavors, and other times the other flavors are more prominent. They aren’t competing with each other – they just seem to pop at different intervals.

When you open the package up, it really does smell like rainbow sherbet! It’s tangy, it’s fruity, and it’s in your face — it totally smells the bright neon, multicoloured sorbet you’d get at a Baskin Robbins, with that obnoxious, kid-friendly sugariness intact. The addition of vanilla adds a softness and powderiness to the flavour that also makes the whole thing reminiscent of fruit-flavoured marshmallow.

And yup, the label does not disappoint once you actually scoop some of this stuff out and check the dry leaf for yourself: pieces of orange and raspberry are vibrant flecks against the black leaf.

I did the same drill as with the Cranberry Creme tea: same measurements, steeping time, resting time, and same level of agave nectar. In the end, I got a dark umber-coloured tea with cool undertones, smelling richly of lime, raspberry and vanilla.

However, unlike what I was expecting given the strong smell of the dry leaf, this tea does not knock you over with fruit flavour upon the first sip. I got some fruit, but the two strongest flavours were the vanilla and the dark chocolate notes of the base tea itself.

Further sips give a bit more clarity on the situation: the vanilla flavour shows up mostly at the back of the mouth, while the fruit flavours show up the most strongly when I exhale after taking a sip: once I breathed out, I could smell it richly and feel the flavours dancing around my hard palate. Overall, though, the base tea is the strongest flavour here. Considering that the base itself is so rich and chocolate-flavoured, I still consider it a win.

Full review at: http://booksandtea.ca/2016/03/another-52teas-roundup/

Great googly moogly. I was expecting to like this tea (that’s why I bought 2 ounces without sampling), but it’s so much better than I expected. I’m drinking it iced with the tiniest bit of stevia and it’s absurdly delicious. It tastes very much like rainbow sherbet to my tastebuds, heavy on the raspberry (which I love). The vanilla flavoring adds a lovely creaminess. I think I prefer it to the California Sunshine, which isn’t all that surprising since this is a black tea and CS is a green tea (not my fave). I will definitely be repurchasing this if it returns.

Flavors: Lime, Orange, Raspberry, Vanilla

Hell to the no! It smells gross, like a raspberry cleaning solution, and doesn’t taste much better. Bitter and granular, one sip and I’m done.

Flavors: Raspberry

Liquid Proust

Did you cold or hot steep this?

MissB

Hot steep, couldn’t share that from my phone. I can send it to you if you’d like to play with it – I suspect there’s some contamination in here with strawberries, as I’m having an allergic reaction still.

Southern Boy Teas

If this is the loose tea version, it is very old. Sorry to hear it was no good any more. Our iced tea version of this is one of my all time favorites.

MissB

This is the loose tea version, and it is very old. Didn’t rate it specifically for this reason.

I’m not really a fan of rainbow sherbet because I’m not a fan of fake lime flavor. I’m surprised though that this tastes so much like the name. But the lime flavor really doesn’t do it for me….

Drank a big cup of this hoping to get some more energy in my system. I’ve been going strong since 5:00am and I still have a ways to go on custom etsy orders D: This is one of my favorite flavored black teas :) I loved the SBT version of this too. It has sweet/tart fruity flavors that make a perfect sherbet taste :)