Rainbow Sherbet

Edit tea info Last updated by Southern Boy Teas

• “So I feel like I need to be honest with you guys: I curse like a sailor in real life. I say that because my initial utterings upon tasting this tea are not, well… they don’t seem necessarily...” Read full tasting note
  • “Oh, how I love this stuff. Truly like rainbow sherbet minus the calories. In fact, I like it even better because sometimes I just feel like experiencing the flavour of rainbow sherbet/ice cream but...” Read full tasting note
  • “Cold-brewed this in my new pitcher. YUM! This is PERFECT for cold-brewing. Just add the two quarts of filtered water to the pitcher and toss in the bag, seal the pitcher and the next day –...” Read full tasting note
  • “Iced tea of the day…… I am so glad I decided to try a few of these. Iced tea is a necessity in the Summer, and what better way to get teenagers interested in good iced tea than Rainbow Sherbet...” Read full tasting note

From Southern Boy Teas

Premium Indian CTC black teas blended with organic flavoring. Amazing tea with a great rainbow sherbet finish.

Available at:

Southern Boy Teas is a brand of Zoomdweebie’s, LLC, home of 52teas.com

About Southern Boy Teas View company

Oh my. This one exceeded my expectations. I had the neopolitan ice cream SBT and enjoyed that but this one is even better. I mostly get lime and orange and there’s a definite creaminess to it, this is incredibly refreshing. I’ll definitely be buying more of this. As a side note, I’m finding that I’m getting better results with these SBT teas when I take the leaves out of the bag and cold brew like normal.

Right now, for my next experiment, I’ve got a jug of Blueberry Zabaglione cold-brewing in the fridge and I’m sure that’s gonna be great as well.

Edit: I just noticed it’s spelled “sherbet”. My whole life I thought it was “sherbert”… Haha

We just finished a gallon of this one today. I always make a gallon at a time and it often disappears in just 24 hours. I have the Pottery Barn drink dispenser that looks like a vintage cocktail shaker and the small sized one (1.9 gallons) fits nicely on the top shelf in my fridge. It makes it super easy and convenient to keep filling up your tea glass!

This is nice, and doesn’t taste like tea with strawberry flavor. It actually tastes like tea with a hint of strawberry sherbet. I am sure the other flavors are there, too, but I noticed the strawberry most because it seemed to linger on the back of the sip. Very nice.

Fjellrev

I googled that drink dispenser. It’s beautiful!

ashmanra

Thank you! I saw it on the Pioneer Woman’s blog and she said it didn’t leak and she has had it in her fridge for years, so I waited for a sale and bought both sizes. I love them.

This is my first iced tea of 2015! I picked this one out for a couple of reasons – it’s one of my old favourites, and I’ve got a 2oz pouch of the black version of this tea tucked away, so it won’t really be gone from my cupboard until I can place another order. Given the quantity of tea I actually possess, I won’t need to place an order for a serious amount of time. So that accounts for the choice.

I gave this my usual SBT treatment. The bag gets 2 minutes in 1/4 pint of boiling water, which is then topped up to 1.8 litres with cold water and put in the fridge overnight. I really do think in mixed metric and imperial like that, too. It’s one of my peculiarities.

Half of the jug came to work with me this morning, so there’s some left in the fridge at home for tomorrow. That’s a good thing, because the flavour is out of this world! The sherbet is creamy, fruity, and even a little effervescent tasting. I can detect flavours of raspberry, orange, lemon and lime by turns, although they’re not particularly distinct. Just tiny flashes that skip across my taste buds and are gone. I wouldn’t have thought it possible to replicate sherbet in tea form (or liquid, come to that) but Frank has somehow managed to pull it off. I’ve gushed about this one before, so I’m going to stop now and round off by summing up my thoughts about this tea:

It’s magic.

You need to try some.

Cold brewed yesterday afternoon, had some this morning.

Just got off the phone with potential employer, some kind of pre-interview screening/chat thing. So nerve-racking! I hate that moment when you hang up and want to hit yourself in the head for all the things you messed up/should’ve said. Anyway, hopefully it’ll turn out well. Relocating soon and I need a job!

Oh yeah, the tea! This really does taste like sherbet! I added a little stevia to bring out the fruit flavors a bit more. That said, while I do like this and it tastes really great. I have some strange conflicted feelings about sherbet flavored tea, like it shouldn’t be possible. Who knows, maybe my brain is just addled from the call!

Iced 8 min or more

Prepared this one basically to the instructions on the bag.
It smelt like sherbet, but it also smelt highly of.black tea…. Erg
It definitely did taste like delicious rainbow sherbet, but tasted way to strongly of black tea for my liking. With several teaspoons of rock sugar I was able to kill the black tea taste enough to thoroughly enjoy the creamy rainbow sherbet goodness.

Iced

Thanks 52teas for sending a lovely sample of this! So yeah, it was kind of chilly for an iced tea… But Rainbow Sherbet? I’d drink it in a blizzard, it’s that good. The flavors are so tangy. I’m getting more lime than anything. But I’m not complaining :] This is the best iced tea I’ve had in a loooong time. I will definitely be ordering more!!

Love this awesome refreshing iced tea!!! I am about to go buy this one and a few others right now!

After reading other tasting notes I decided to cold brew this tea. Really couldn’t be easier. I filled up my pitcher to the 2 quart mark, put in the teabag and left it in the refrigerator overnight. I removed the bag after about 12 hours. I will try a resteep.

With the first taste I thought it wasn’t quite as good as hot steeping then icing the whole leaf version from last year. But today (it’s been in the refrigerator an additional day after removing the teabag) it’s perfect. Just delicious. So limey and creamy. No bitterness or astringency. Good tea flavor underneath. This is fantastic. It will definitely go on my reorder list.

Iced

This one is really good, I get a nice fruit and cream taste. I thought that sherbet would be a little tart but it wasn’t, so that’d be my only gripe. I’d reorder this one…

I cold-brewed this one because I was done with being confused over the brewing directions, heh. I think that was a good choice as it lent itself to creamy, raspberry-lime flavor tea with minimal brain power expended. This really does taste like rainbow sherbert and is sweeter than the other SBTs I tried. The black tea itself doesn’t come through as much, and I think I like my iced tea a little less sweet. Or less this kind of sweet.

Iced 3 min, 0 sec