This first time I made this, I was multitasking and messed up. It was ok, but not great, and all my fault. The second time it must have been good because two people drank almost the whole gallon within a few hours of its being made.
This morning I really paid attention. I measured my boiling water carefully, but I steeped it three times instead of two. I added water and ice. I had added one cup of sugar while it was hot, and added enough water to bring it up to a full gallon of tea.
This is delicious! I am getting more mango than peach, which is what I was hoping for!
An aside: I am a little weepy as I write this – partly for joy, partly a little sad. Miss Arcluckle, our little pullet, never laid an egg. I checked her hips faithfully and they never spread enough for laying. She became HUGE – twice the size of my other hens. Then three days ago, she crowed! “She” took over guardianship of the flock, and assumed all rooster duties because…well, she is a he. Which means we had to get rid of him because you can not have a rooster in city limits. It is very difficult to place a rooster and most are just given away, but it is hard to know what happens to them. (Sometimes dinner) However, a breeder needed some fresh genetic material for his flock for next year, and he wants him! So Mr, Arcluckle is going to a lover, instead of Coq au Vin!