SBT: Chocolate Malt Honeybush

Honeybush Tea
Chocolate, Malt, Nutty
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

2 Images

• “Here’s Hoping TTB. I grabbed this because I was craving chocolate and don’t have any crio bru on hand. It’s not very chocolatey. I do like honeybush so it’s not a total loss, just not quite what...” Read full tasting note
  • “My weekend hasn’t quite gone as planned, so it looks like this will be my only sipdown. Hey, incremental progress is still progress. I always break open the SB teabag and divide the leaf so I can...” Read full tasting note
  • “Backlog: Yummy. This is one of the teas that changed my mind about iced chocolate flavored iced teas. I was skeptical of them before trying this because … hey, I love chocolate, you know that,...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Product description not available yet.

About 52teas View company

Here’s Hoping TTB.

I grabbed this because I was craving chocolate and don’t have any crio bru on hand. It’s not very chocolatey. I do like honeybush so it’s not a total loss, just not quite what I was hoping for. It also has a bit of an alcohol flavor from the flavorings.

I always break open the SB teabag and divide the leaf so I can make multiple cups over time instead of one big pitcher, trying the tea both hot and cold.

The dry leaf smells precisely like you would expect it to – chocolate and malty. Hot, the front of the sip is sweet chocolate. It quickly transitions into a nutty maltiness that reminds me of a lager. Not bad.

Cold, the nutty maltiness is even more prominent. The chocolate flavor seems to have almost evaporated. As with the marshmallow treat genmaicha, I find this one more pleasing hot than cold.

I got the silly idea to try this one carbonated. I would not recommend doing that. It ends up tasting way too malty, like chocolatey root beer, and not in a good way.

Flavors: Chocolate, Malt, Nutty

Nicole

That’s a shame. I like actual chocolate root beer. But only in a good way. :)

Backlog:

Yummy. This is one of the teas that changed my mind about iced chocolate flavored iced teas. I was skeptical of them before trying this because … hey, I love chocolate, you know that, but I wasn’t sure how well the chocolate flavors would translate to an iced beverage. I mean, it works great for a hot cup of tea but I wasn’t sure about an iced tea. But this is so yum. One of my favorite honeybush blends from SBT.