Tequila Lime Green Tea

Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Frolic

From 52teas

Young Hyson is one of my favorite green teas. It has that characteristically buttery-sweet flavor present in a lot of Chinese greens, with just a touch of smokiness. I think it pairs beautifully with the tequila and lime flavors in this week’s blend to create a rich, satisfying cuppa that is as unique as it is tasty.

About 52teas View company

Finally got around to trying this tea today. It has a nice lime note to it but I’m not really catching a whole lot of tequila. There is a suuuper light taste of it but it’s not enough. I think it’s ok but might try to find a new home for it.

Not My Cup O’ Tea TTB

A nice bright, refreshing lime tea. Not really picking up on the tequila, but it’s good anyway. I enjoyed it hot but I’m guessing it will be even better iced!

Flavors: Lime

This is limey and definitely pretty boozey too. I am actually not sure if I like it fully, not because it isn’t accurately flavored, but because I need to sweeten it more next time because I prefer my booze sweet, haha. That said, it is perfect for this thunderstormy, sweltering summer day with no AC.

From the Not My Cup TTB

This is a green tea with lime and a funny chemical taste.

Flavors: Lime

Happy Sipdown! This wasn’t a favorite of mine from 52Teas. To me it was just a lime flavored green tea. It was good but not a “wow” tea or one that I will miss. I’m just happy to complete a couple sipdowns today!

Blind grab number 2.
Right off the bat I could smell lime in the dry leaves, and strongly. Steeped there the lime scent is again, with just a hint of the tequila.
The taste is lime and green tea with just the barest touch of tequila. Mostly it just tastes like a lime tea. It’s good but probably not a reorder.

Backlog:

I’m surprised by how much I really liked this. I’m not a big drinker (as in … I very rarely drink any alcoholic beverages) and so I am always a little skeptical about a alcoholic drink inspired tea. But of the ones that I’ve tried … most I’ve liked. And I really enjoyed this one much more than I expected to.

The Young Hyson melds well with the flavors of lime and tequila. The tequila notes are more like a “hint” of flavor … I get more of the green tea notes and lime than I do Tequila.

Delicate smoky note, tart from the lime with a hint of sweetness, earthy, notes of flower, brightness from the citrus. A smooth tea. I enjoyed it.