Golden Monkey Champagne

Marigold Petals, Organic Flavours, Premium Black Teas
Edit tea info Last updated by khamilton611
Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

• “I’m glad the paper fortune I almost forgot about didn’t end up in the infuser! First of all, this black tea isn’t really a “golden” monkey, as the leaves are completely black. Sorry, the yellow...” Read full tasting note
  • “not my cup of tea TTB Also not my cup of tea either. Eh… I don’t know… this tea just seems very heavy on the palate. It might be the champagne flavoring, but whatever it is, it’s not something I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Not My Cup Of Tea #4 I’m not sure if I understeeped this or if its just not that strong of a tea but I’m really not getting too much flavor out of this tea and I’m definitely not getting any...” Read full tasting note
  • “I love the natural rich, cocoa flavour this tea has. I’m not sure if I can taste much in the way of champagne, though there might be hints of it if I look hard hard enough. The ‘fortune’ is a...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Here’s an awesome Golden Monkey black tea blended with marigold petals and organic champagne flavors. Not only that, each pouch contains a unique fortune for 2015. We are only making 70 of these, so get yours today.

About 52teas View company

I’m glad the paper fortune I almost forgot about didn’t end up in the infuser! First of all, this black tea isn’t really a “golden” monkey, as the leaves are completely black. Sorry, the yellow flower petals aren’t tricking me. :D I thought all golden monkey teas were at least somewhat golden, hence the golden monkey. I was getting plenty of champagne flavor with each steep though. Maybe not the best champagne flavor from a tea I’ve tried, but good! The golden monkey also isn’t the best I’ve had but with a chocolate flavor, it might have been a little weird with champagne. This one didn’t have chocolate flavor. I can’t really explain WHAT the flavor is but it is better than the old 52Teas black tea flavor.
Steep #1 // 1 heaping tsp // 15 minute after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // few minutes after boiling // 3-4 min

Liquid Proust

I was hoping this was a gold tip black tea blend :/

not my cup of tea TTB

Also not my cup of tea either. Eh… I don’t know… this tea just seems very heavy on the palate. It might be the champagne flavoring, but whatever it is, it’s not something I like. Dump the cup.

Not My Cup Of Tea #4

I’m not sure if I understeeped this or if its just not that strong of a tea but I’m really not getting too much flavor out of this tea and I’m definitely not getting any champagne notes! There is a slight touch of chocolate or cocoa and a hint of woodiness or earthiness which is nice, I just wish it was a little stronger… Not going to rate as I’m pretty sure the lack of flavor was human error only my behalf…

1908 tasting notes

The ‘fortune’ is a really cute idea, IMO. Mine says “This year: there is a possibiliTEA you will in realiTEA develop insaniTEA from stupid tea puns.”

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I love golden monkey tea so I thought I’d like this one too. I do! It has that warm, malty, hints of chocolate, and spice thing going on. It has a sweetness to it that might be the champagne flavor but I feel it gets a bit lost in the base (not complaining). It’s smooth and makes a really relaxing cup. I really liked this blend :) And the tea fortune was an awesome idea! I got: “This year you will teach someone not to use the microwave for making bagged tea.” (or something like that,,,) YES! CHALLANGE ACCEPTED. I hate when people do that.

I enjoyed drinking this- it is hearty and a bit sweet, but to me lacks the sparkling quality of champagne. I think it would have been more present in a lighter base tea but I enjoyed this nonetheless.

I really like this tea!

I tend to compare my black teas to something like my Twinings Irish Breakfast, or an English breakfast tea. This isn’t anything like those teas. It is very smooth and mild. I love those websites that tell you the tea has notes of this or that…I must have an unsophisticated palate because I don’t taste any of that. I can tell you that it tastes sweet (and yes, I do sweeten my teas because I like them that way, and I might as well drink them how I like them, eh?). I don’t know what the flavor is that was added (there are organic flavors in here, but I couldn’t tell you which ones).

3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
Southern Boy Teas

It has Champagne flavors. Did you get a fun fortune?

khamilton611

Something about McDonalds and sweet tea. I don’t care for sweet tea (growing up, we always had the iced tea powder with lemon flavor). I’ve never had champagne, but that must be the flavor…sort of a sweet added on top of the tea. The second steeping, it is not as prominent (which is typical), and now I realize I am getting more of the base, which is still really good and mild.

Southern Boy Teas

I’m glad you are enjoying it. And the fortunes were just meant to be silly.