Cranberry Salad Green Tea

Green Tea
Cranberries, Green Tea, Marshmallow Root, Organic Flavours, Pineapple
Cranberry, Marshmallow, Pineapple
Edit tea info Last updated by khamilton611

• “Oh my gosh, I love this one. All I can say is cranberry, pineapple, marshmallow, all pretty equally represented. I seem to like the later 52Teas green tea/fruit/marshmallow blends. Or really I...” Read full tasting note
  • “I received this in my Farewell Frank 52 teas clearance sale grab bag. I brewed it up hot for the first tasting. I was definitely worried by the aroma of the dry leaf. I remember reading a review...” Read full tasting note
  • “Not sure what happened with this one, but it smells like cough syrup to me and tastes like it too. The tea itself is very pretty with whole cranberries and nice size chunks of pineapple I think. ...” Read full tasting note
  • “Today, I used twice as much tea, and I’m getting a lot of flavor with it. I think this is good…still not like the description, but a nice light tea. I still agree with the decision to go with a...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Organic Chinese green Pekoe tea, freeze-dried cranberry, freeze-dried pineapple, marshmallow root, organic flavors

About 52teas View company

Oh my gosh, I love this one. All I can say is cranberry, pineapple, marshmallow, all pretty equally represented. I seem to like the later 52Teas green tea/fruit/marshmallow blends. Or really I loved all the green blends I’ve tried over the years from 52Teas, I guess. I wish I had more than a half ounce of this one! I probably love it because a jello salad like this one is a recipe that runs in the family. The initial steep was better because it was a shorter steep – more flavor than just the green tea taking over, which kind of happened in the second steep. Remember: short steeps. Also sipping OLD Date Nut Muffin now, and I really have to remember to mix up the pouches – there are tons of big pieces on the bottom! Date Nut Muffin is still a favorite. It was a GOOD tea day: favorites I knew were favorites and surprising new favorites. So tea spoiled!

Flavors: Cranberry, Marshmallow, Pineapple

I received this in my Farewell Frank 52 teas clearance sale grab bag. I brewed it up hot for the first tasting. I was definitely worried by the aroma of the dry leaf. I remember reading a review that said this tea tasted like cough medicine. Honestly, the odor that you get from sniffing the leaf in the bag is SPOT ON cherry cough medicine. Really off-putting. I was terrified as this tea steeped that I would end up having to toss it out. I added a touch of honey and waited a few minutes so that it would not scald my mouth, before courageously giving it a go. …& it wasn’t too bad! :) It, thank heavens, did not taste at all like it smelled. I could really define the cranberry more than the pineapple, and the marshmallow added a softness that I liked. I thought the green tea worked well with the flavours too. Not my favorite cranberry tea, but a solid offering anyhow.

Today I am having this tea cold-brewed. I think I slightly prefer it prepared this way over having it hot. You end up with more of a blend of pineapple and cranberry tossed with marshmallow in this form. The flavours meld nicely, and the green tea base compliments it as well. Nice and thirst quenching on a hot day.

I’m glad I got over my hesitation to try it and satisfied with the results :)

Flavors: Cranberry, Marshmallow, Pineapple

Nichole/CuppaGeek

I’m glad you liked this one. I think I sent you some of this.

Not sure what happened with this one, but it smells like cough syrup to me and tastes like it too. The tea itself is very pretty with whole cranberries and nice size chunks of pineapple I think. I so wanted to like this one, but I don’t think its for me. Sad too because I bought a couple packs of it because I figured I would love it. Maybe I screwed up the steeping but I can’t say I’ll be brave enough to try it again. Oh well!

Today, I used twice as much tea, and I’m getting a lot of flavor with it. I think this is good…still not like the description, but a nice light tea. I still agree with the decision to go with a green tea on this one.

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Nichole/CuppaGeek

I think you liked this one way more than me :)

khamilton611

Yeah, I saw your review. I have a tea that I think tastes just like cough syrup (and 4 oz of it too…not happy about a minimum of 4 oz), but I like this one.