Molasses Spice Cookie Honeybush

Chai Herbal Honeybush Blend
Allspice, Cinnamon, Ginger, Honeybush, Natural Flavours, Nutmeg, Vanilla Bean
Spices
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by rosebudmelissa

• “Not one of my favourite honeybush blends; despite my lack of previous note, I know it never was. It probably used to be stronger, but is currently a vaguely spicy, distinctly honeybush cup. Not...” Read full tasting note
  • “This was included in my grab bag months ago. I’ve had this a couple times but it seems like a holiday blend, so I’m writing a tasting note for it now! To be fair, this is probably a blend that is...” Read full tasting note
  • “On a non-tea note, for those in Toronto who like Molasses Cookies, try the ones made by Rolling Pin because they’re amazing. They are known for the donuts but you should add one of the cookies to...” Read full tasting note
  • “Nope, no molasses to speak of. Vague spices. And not much going on in the cookie department either. I am enjoying the lightly spiced honeybush as an evening cup though. To be fair, I’ve...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for December 21, 2015!

I was very happy with how this tea turned out. It has a warm, gentle spice. Not overly spicy, it reminds me a lot of what you’d expect if you were to bite into a molasses cookie. This isn’t a gingersnap – this has a nice balance between the spicy and sweet! YUM!

About 52teas View company

Not one of my favourite honeybush blends; despite my lack of previous note, I know it never was. It probably used to be stronger, but is currently a vaguely spicy, distinctly honeybush cup. Not unpleasant, but I’m not really a fan, either.

This was included in my grab bag months ago. I’ve had this a couple times but it seems like a holiday blend, so I’m writing a tasting note for it now! To be fair, this is probably a blend that is a year old. I LOVED the idea for this blend. It’s not like I’m gobbling anything molasses but I love that flavor in tea. Sadly, this blend isn’t molasses, or very spicy, or very cookie like. Each time I steeped it, I was tasting the same thing. The most dominant note is honeybush with a mild spiciness and sweetness. It’s quite tasty, but still a little plain for my tastes. The ingredients list was so nice though. Vanilla! Nutmeg! I’m just not finding either one. Tasting notes from others noticed the lack of flavor too.
Steep #1 // 2 teaspoons for a full mug// 10 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 10+ minute steep

On a non-tea note, for those in Toronto who like Molasses Cookies, try the ones made by Rolling Pin because they’re amazing. They are known for the donuts but you should add one of the cookies to your box and you won’t regret it.

As for the tea, this is a spiced honeybush kind of flavor but not really a molasses cookie flavor. It’s nice but also tastes like I’ve had it before. I will have to try this again though before I rate or decide how I feel about it because this cooled quite a bit before I got to drinking it.

Nope, no molasses to speak of. Vague spices. And not much going on in the cookie department either. I am enjoying the lightly spiced honeybush as an evening cup though. To be fair, I’ve had this tea for ten months. Perhaps there was more going on with it when it was a bit fresher. Also, I am drinking it straight up and unsweetened. Perhaps additions would oomph it up a bit.

Flavors: Spices

Fjellrev

Aww, that’s too bad.

Evol Ving Ness

It’s fine. Just not memorable. Might be a good one to blend with overpowering others: DTs looking at you.

Kirkoneill1988

alas, honeybush tastes like brandy. so i don’t buy anything with honeybush as a dominant taste

This is not bad, but doesn’t quite live up to the name for me. It’s sweet and lightly spiced, but doesn’t stand out to me as tasting particularly like molasses, and I wish the spices were stronger. I grabbed this since I love blackstrap molasses, bu that’s definitely not the intent here. It ends up being mostly like a very mild, sweet chai.