Raspberry Almond Cookie Honeybush

Honeybush Tea
Freeze Dried Raspberries, Organic Honeybush, Organic Natural Flavoring
Almond, Cookie, Medicinal, Raspberry, Smooth, Sweet, Tart, Wood, Butter, Pecan, Vanilla, Floral, Brown Sugar, Honey, Maple, Nutty, Oats, Fruity, Marzipan, Molasses, Cherry
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “Tea-Infused Hot Chocolate Sipdown (224) This only steeped for under 4 hours and it’s definitely not as flavorful as the last one I had. It’s still good though with a nice raspberry punch to cut...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks so much for sending some of this, Annie! I didn’t steep up the recommended two teaspoons, as I didn’t really have that much and wanted to split the steep sessions. (My fault, I think I...” Read full tasting note
  • “A bit late on the Christmas Teas Box (of 2018), hehehe. Cracked this one open and steeped it up today. First sniff in the pouch of leaf gave me cough syrup. Waiting for things to cool. ...” Read full tasting note
  • “Swap Sample Sipdown! (69) This one came from Kawaii433! I actually have a taster pouch of this as well. I’m following Anne’s advice for this one and steeping it at a lower temperature to try to...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for May 9, 2016!

When it comes to my tea flavors, there is usually some sort of inspiration behind it. Quite often, it was a flavor conceived during an afternoon of browsing through Pinterest. (I do like Pinterest!) I don’t really recall where I got the idea for a Raspberry Almond Cookie tea – but if I were to place a bet, my bet would be that I found it during a Pinterest browse.

I’ve never had a raspberry almond cookie. But when I think of “Raspberry Almond Cookie” – my mind evokes a thought of one of those little thumbprint type of cookies, you know, the cookies with a little indentation in the center where you could put a dollop of jam or marmalade? So, imagine that – if you would. A delicate almond shortbread that engulfs a little mound of raspberry jam.

And that’s exactly what this tastes like. I taste a good amount of raspberry and almond flavor and even a hint of buttery cookie. This is a naturally caffeine free treat – so it would make for a perfect dessert-y drink that you can enjoy before bedtime without worry that it’ll keep you up past your bedtime!

ingredients: organic honeybush, organic freeze-dried raspberries, salted sunflower seeds and organic natural flavors.

About 52teas View company

Tea-Infused Hot Chocolate Sipdown (224)

This only steeped for under 4 hours and it’s definitely not as flavorful as the last one I had. It’s still good though with a nice raspberry punch to cut through the chocolate. This just has less almond and less cookie than before.

Thanks so much for sending some of this, Annie! I didn’t steep up the recommended two teaspoons, as I didn’t really have that much and wanted to split the steep sessions. (My fault, I think I tried this before without writing a tasting note.) This is from the Christmas box a couple months ago — still fairly fresh! This is a lovely honeybush blend with plenty of bright fuchsia raspberry pieces. I didn’t taste really any almond or cookie but PLENTY of delicious authentic raspberry. Oh man, I know I didn’t use two teaspoons but I didn’t need to with all this raspberry. The cookies that Anne imagined as the inspiration for this blend sound amazing. The rating is lower for the lack of almond and cookie but as a raspberry tea, this one is amazing. Many almost-sipdowns lately….
Steep #1 // 1 teaspoon // 12 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 5 minute steep

A bit late on the Christmas Teas Box (of 2018), hehehe.

Cracked this one open and steeped it up today. First sniff in the pouch of leaf gave me cough syrup. Waiting for things to cool. Let’s see.

Hope the kid next door stops wailing before I get to this.

edit—ok, the wailing stopped and now the kid’s brother is leaping up and down. Eh. These people suck. Seriously.

The tea, however, has gotten better. The honeybush has calmed down the flavouring to a gentle raspberry muffin pastry. Not detecting any almond, but to be fair, I am coming down with a cold or the flu and my tastebuds are not what they could/should be. I am hoping that this is going to pass quickly and easily.

Nattie

Your neighbours sound like the worst.

Kawaii433

Ugh, sounds like a nightmare. Hope they move out. I’m waiting for the next ones to move in since the others were evicted. I prefer renting over owning but a wailing kid and a constant jumping up and down would probably change my mind. Sorry Evol Ving Ness you’re having to deal with that. >.<

Evol Ving Ness

Thank you guys for the commiseration. Yeah, my neighbours on both sides suck, really suck. However, I had 16 or 17 really really good years with three different sets of people who I share adjoining walls with. And now, the shrieking, wailing, jumping, exercising, drinking neighbours. It all changes in an instant.

FTR, currently, it is very difficult to find a reasonably priced rental in the city, so there’s that.

Swap Sample Sipdown! (69)

This one came from Kawaii433! I actually have a taster pouch of this as well.

I’m following Anne’s advice for this one and steeping it at a lower temperature to try to reduce the pepperiness that honeybush sometimes has.

I will say, it came out pretty tasty! The raspberry is the dominant flavor here for me, and it’s a nice fresh and tart raspberry note. But there is something a little medicinal – I’m not sure if it’s the almond or the honeybush? It’s not terribly strong, and melds somewhat with the raspberry as well.

I do get a little bit of a cookie-esque flavor here. I will say that overall this tea is very mild, I could do with a little bit more of everything!

Flavors: Almond, Cookie, Medicinal, Raspberry, Smooth, Sweet, Tart, Wood

Kawaii433

Next time I will try with your parameters :D. I have one more serving of this.

Kittenna

Hmm, I think I might have this tea as well, and should give a reduced temp a shot. Honeybush usually gets boiling for me.

Daily sipper choice. Upfront… Unfortunately, this one is not for me. When I opened the thermos, it smelled perfumey, flowery and like cough syrup, medicinal. Those two aromas are bothersome to me. It was mainly the aroma though. The taste wasn’t quite as medicine-y. I got the sweet and tart raspberry notes, no cookie or almond notes though.

I have more so I will play around with the temperature and time to see if I can get a different result.

Flavors: Floral, Medicinal, Raspberry

195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 0 sec 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Yay my 52Teas order came last night!

I really like the honeybush and raspberry combination. Luckily, there wasn’t a strong almond flavour (because I’m not a fan of almond), but there was lots of raspberry. I would have liked more vanilla and cookie/cake notes, but I can’t really complain because it was still a great evening cup.

Special thanks for 52Teas for being so kind and understanding. I received replacement teas for the 12 days of tea box that got lost in the mail. I sincerely appreciate this act of kindness and continue to support the company for their amazing teas and the excellent customer service.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Honey, Maple, Nutty, Oats, Raspberry

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more
tea-sipper

Better late than never! and that was certainly awesome of Anne :D

12 Belated Teas of Christmas – #3
Another one I wasn’t overly stoked for as honeybush/rooibos still just don’t do it for me. But sometimes there are exceptions! This tea, though, is not one of them for me, unfortunately. It tastes primarily like honeybush with some hints of raspberry. Don’t really taste any almond or cookie until perhaps the aftertaste. My dislike of honeybush probably colours my opinion here – if you like honeybush this might taste more like the cookie this tea is named for. On the plus side, though, it’s not giving me a scratchy throat so I can probably manage to drink it as an iced tea!

Kawaii433

hehe Just read this… And I just finished my review and said I didn’t get almond nor cookie either. I don’t know much about honeybush taste though. No experience there.

I love the idea of this one, but the implementation is rather medicinal to me. I think perhaps the almond is coming across as cherry to me, but mixing with the raspberry is giving it something I’m perceiving as a twang. I’m not getting any cookie impression here, though. It is definitely strongly flavored, which I do appreciate in general.

Flavors: Cherry, Medicinal, Raspberry

3rd Day of Christmas Teas

78 is my Honeybush/Rooibos version of 100%, so you know I like this one a lot. Raspberries are a favourite and this Honeybush has a lot of raspberries.

As others have mentioned, it has a bit of the Cream Danish blend vibe going on, which is a very good thing.

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Raspberry

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

3rd tea of Christmas

I don’t really taste the almond in this, but this is a very good raspberry cookie tea.