Raspberry Almond Cookie Honeybush

Honeybush Tea
Freeze Dried Raspberries, Organic Honeybush, Organic Natural Flavoring
Almond, Cookie, Medicinal, Raspberry, Smooth, Sweet, Tart, Wood, Butter, Pecan, Vanilla, Floral, Brown Sugar, Honey, Maple, Nutty, Oats, Cherry
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “Swap Sample Sipdown! (69) This one came from Kawaii433! I actually have a taster pouch of this as well. I’m following Anne’s advice for this one and steeping it at a lower temperature to try to...” Read full tasting note
  • “Daily sipper choice. Upfront… Unfortunately, this one is not for me. When I opened the thermos, it smelled perfumey, flowery and like cough syrup, medicinal. Those two aromas are bothersome to me....” Read full tasting note
  • “Yay my 52Teas order came last night! I really like the honeybush and raspberry combination. Luckily, there wasn’t a strong almond flavour (because I’m not a fan of almond), but there was lots of...” Read full tasting note
  • “12 Belated Teas of Christmas – #3 Another one I wasn’t overly stoked for as honeybush/rooibos still just don’t do it for me. But sometimes there are exceptions! This tea, though, is not one of them...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for May 9, 2016!

When it comes to my tea flavors, there is usually some sort of inspiration behind it. Quite often, it was a flavor conceived during an afternoon of browsing through Pinterest. (I do like Pinterest!) I don’t really recall where I got the idea for a Raspberry Almond Cookie tea – but if I were to place a bet, my bet would be that I found it during a Pinterest browse.

I’ve never had a raspberry almond cookie. But when I think of “Raspberry Almond Cookie” – my mind evokes a thought of one of those little thumbprint type of cookies, you know, the cookies with a little indentation in the center where you could put a dollop of jam or marmalade? So, imagine that – if you would. A delicate almond shortbread that engulfs a little mound of raspberry jam.

And that’s exactly what this tastes like. I taste a good amount of raspberry and almond flavor and even a hint of buttery cookie. This is a naturally caffeine free treat – so it would make for a perfect dessert-y drink that you can enjoy before bedtime without worry that it’ll keep you up past your bedtime!

ingredients: organic honeybush, organic freeze-dried raspberries, salted sunflower seeds and organic natural flavors.

About 52teas View company

Swap Sample Sipdown! (69)

This one came from Kawaii433! I actually have a taster pouch of this as well.

I’m following Anne’s advice for this one and steeping it at a lower temperature to try to reduce the pepperiness that honeybush sometimes has.

I will say, it came out pretty tasty! The raspberry is the dominant flavor here for me, and it’s a nice fresh and tart raspberry note. But there is something a little medicinal – I’m not sure if it’s the almond or the honeybush? It’s not terribly strong, and melds somewhat with the raspberry as well.

I do get a little bit of a cookie-esque flavor here. I will say that overall this tea is very mild, I could do with a little bit more of everything!

Flavors: Almond, Cookie, Medicinal, Raspberry, Smooth, Sweet, Tart, Wood

Kawaii433

Next time I will try with your parameters :D. I have one more serving of this.

Kittenna

Hmm, I think I might have this tea as well, and should give a reduced temp a shot. Honeybush usually gets boiling for me.

Daily sipper choice. Upfront… Unfortunately, this one is not for me. When I opened the thermos, it smelled perfumey, flowery and like cough syrup, medicinal. Those two aromas are bothersome to me. It was mainly the aroma though. The taste wasn’t quite as medicine-y. I got the sweet and tart raspberry notes, no cookie or almond notes though.

I have more so I will play around with the temperature and time to see if I can get a different result.

Flavors: Floral, Medicinal, Raspberry

195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 0 sec 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Yay my 52Teas order came last night!

I really like the honeybush and raspberry combination. Luckily, there wasn’t a strong almond flavour (because I’m not a fan of almond), but there was lots of raspberry. I would have liked more vanilla and cookie/cake notes, but I can’t really complain because it was still a great evening cup.

Special thanks for 52Teas for being so kind and understanding. I received replacement teas for the 12 days of tea box that got lost in the mail. I sincerely appreciate this act of kindness and continue to support the company for their amazing teas and the excellent customer service.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Honey, Maple, Nutty, Oats, Raspberry

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more
tea-sipper

Better late than never! and that was certainly awesome of Anne :D

12 Belated Teas of Christmas – #3
Another one I wasn’t overly stoked for as honeybush/rooibos still just don’t do it for me. But sometimes there are exceptions! This tea, though, is not one of them for me, unfortunately. It tastes primarily like honeybush with some hints of raspberry. Don’t really taste any almond or cookie until perhaps the aftertaste. My dislike of honeybush probably colours my opinion here – if you like honeybush this might taste more like the cookie this tea is named for. On the plus side, though, it’s not giving me a scratchy throat so I can probably manage to drink it as an iced tea!

Kawaii433

hehe Just read this… And I just finished my review and said I didn’t get almond nor cookie either. I don’t know much about honeybush taste though. No experience there.

I love the idea of this one, but the implementation is rather medicinal to me. I think perhaps the almond is coming across as cherry to me, but mixing with the raspberry is giving it something I’m perceiving as a twang. I’m not getting any cookie impression here, though. It is definitely strongly flavored, which I do appreciate in general.

Flavors: Cherry, Medicinal, Raspberry

3rd Day of Christmas Teas

78 is my Honeybush/Rooibos version of 100%, so you know I like this one a lot. Raspberries are a favourite and this Honeybush has a lot of raspberries.

As others have mentioned, it has a bit of the Cream Danish blend vibe going on, which is a very good thing.

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Raspberry

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

3rd tea of Christmas

I don’t really taste the almond in this, but this is a very good raspberry cookie tea.

This one makes me super nostalgic of my early tea days. It reminds me of Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish, which was one of my first 52Teas ever.

I definitely get the cookie taste very well in this one. The raspberry adds some tartness without being too intense (ie. it’s not like hibiscus). I don’t get a ton of almond, but I’m still very happy with how this one is. I like the honeybush, as opposed to rooibos