Lemon Coconut

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves, Lemon Pieces, Organic Coconut, Organic Natural Flavors (Vegan)
Coconut, Lemon
Fair Trade, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

1 Tasting Note View all

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for January 23, 2017!

Why should limes get all the coconuts?

I took lemons and coconuts and mixed them into a single garden Zomba Steamed green tea from the Satemwa estate in Malawi. I like the way the coconut cuts through the sour, bitter bite of the lemon – leaving just the softer, sweeter side to the sunny citrus fruit. Mere hints of the tartness of lemon emerge and weave their way in and out of the sip – never in a pucker-y way – instead serving as a hint of brightness to this cup.

The coconut is definitely the stronger of the two flavors here – and that’s what I was going for because lemon can be very dominating! I wanted a strong coconut presence and a soft hint of lemon and that’s what I feel I’ve achieved here.

This cuppa is like a bright, warm hint of sunshine in the middle of this cold winter! A very welcome taste!

ingredients: fair trade green tea, organic lemons, organic unsweetened coconut and organic natural flavors

About 52teas View company

1 Tasting Note

I wanted to try this blend because I really wanted to like DT’s Coco-Lemon Thai but it just didn’t agree with my taste buds. Sadly, I didn’t care for this blend either. I like coconut and lemon as ingredients, but I don’t think the pairing works for me. Sadly, this tea actually made me queasy. I’ll be adding this to my sell/swap box.

Flavors: Coconut, Lemon