Lemon Lavender Creamsicle

White Tea
Lavender Flowers, Lemon Pieces, Organic Bai Mu Dan, Organic Lemongrass, Organic Natural Flavors (Vegan), Organic Vanilla Beans
Citrusy, Creamy, Lavender, Lemon, Vanilla
Low
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “Latte Sipdown (599)! Welp… I was actually really enjoying this latte; I’d finished about half of it, and I had it on the desk right next to my bed – I was sipping on it while working on tasting...” Read full tasting note
  • “This blend is a little over a year old now. It is nice enough but not my favorite. I get a lot of creamy vanilla and lemon in the forefront but throughout the sip the lemon starts to meld more with...” Read full tasting note
  • “Was thrilled to discover that I had not one, but TWO (opened) taster packets of this in my 52teas stash! Not that I went through it, but when searching for a specific tea, it’s hard not to at least...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is lovely. It is subdued with a slightly lavender, vanilla, creamy flavor. If I had written this review when I first received the pouch it would have been meh. But, after going through the...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for February 27, 2017!

I start with a gorgeous Bai Mu Dan and add dried lemon wedges, organic lemon grass, vanilla bean and English lavender. The result: a cuppa that’s bright and creamy with just a touch of lavender. The lemon is sweeter than it is sour thanks to both the addition of the vanilla and those white tea leaves. The lavender is there – but it’s barely there. Just enough lavender to add interest without adding an overpowering element to the cup.

The flavor is smooth and soothing. This evokes thoughts of early summer mornings – before the heat of the afternoon sets in. The air is still just a little bit on the cool side, a little crisp but the sun is bright and invites you to enjoy the day. So I offer this tea as the cold of winter continues to bite us – to remind you that summer is coming!

ingredients: white tea*, lemons, lemon grass*, vanilla bean*, lavender* and natural flavors*

*denotes organic

About 52teas View company

Latte Sipdown (599)!

Welp… I was actually really enjoying this latte; I’d finished about half of it, and I had it on the desk right next to my bed – I was sipping on it while working on tasting notes. I guess the last time I set it back on the desk it was a little bit too close to the edge though, and seemingly out of nowhere the glass just fell and spilled milk all over my bed and down the side of the desk. It took ages to clean up, and was a bit of a piss off since this was a nice latte and also the last of this tea…

Before the very tragic spill, I was finding that this tea was reminding me a lot of Lemon Pound Cake, from DT – same sort of creamy and buttery vanilla, with lots of lemongrass. The vanilla was a really nice touch! I saw lots of lavender in the dry leaf and I could smell it as the tea was steeping, but to be honest I wasn’t getting a lot of it in the flavour – definitely more of a lemon/vanilla sort of profile going on. I was a touch sad I wasn’t getting the lavender, but I’m also a TOTAL sucker for lemon and vanilla so I was pretty in love with the profile.

I’m just pissed that I dumped half of it. Ugh!

Dustin

That is the saddest sipdown ever! :(

This blend is a little over a year old now. It is nice enough but not my favorite. I get a lot of creamy vanilla and lemon in the forefront but throughout the sip the lemon starts to meld more with the lavendar which pops up near the end and the two together are a bit lemon pledge/cleaning product like for my tastes. I blame lavender. It tastes like soap to me and I think soap and lemon are bringing up ideas of cleaning products in my mind. I think my description makes this sound more offensive than it is because its not bad per se…just not my favorite. The forefront when it is creamy and vanilla and lemon screams lemon creamsicle though so that’s cool.

Was thrilled to discover that I had not one, but TWO (opened) taster packets of this in my 52teas stash! Not that I went through it, but when searching for a specific tea, it’s hard not to at least glance at some packets, and I happened to see two of this. Anyhow, I’ve come to quite like this tea. Lavender whites have become a favourite, even better when they’re paired with creaminess and lemon. I believe I prefer AQ2T’s Lavender Lemon Butter Cake a teensy bit, possibly because of the butteriness, but this is a solid second, and I have more of it as luck would have it!

Still sick, but since I have two(!) packages of this, I decided to risk it, and it turned out fine – I could taste it! Upping rating just a notch, as this is just lovely. Moar creamy lavender teas please. Perhaps a blueberry one?

AJRimmer

This sounds tasty. I second your suggestion!

Mastress Alita

Ooo, I love lemon lavender teas. Would love to see this one again sometime. I have an unflavored lavender white tea, and I love cold steeping it in lemonade.

This is lovely. It is subdued with a slightly lavender, vanilla, creamy flavor. If I had written this review when I first received the pouch it would have been meh. But, after going through the pouch I have found that I thought it was meh because it was different from what I traditionally like. Since that first steep, this tea has grown on me. Its soft, slightly sweet flavor is delightful and satisfying. The flavors meld together so that it is difficult to separate out the contributing elements even knowing what they are. I think it makes a great warm cup of tea that I found myself reaching for more and more. And, now I’m down to the last cup.

Flavors: Citrusy, Creamy, Lavender

Cold Steeped this over night.

I love the concept but the jury’s still out on how I feel about this tea. I do think it’s neat how the lemon and lavender meld together to create a smooth and refreshing dessert tea. There’s a vanilla-sweet note that definitely reminds me of the centre of a creamsicle. It was the perfect companion for some low maintenance gardening today.

I’ll try this hot before saying goodbye.

Flavors: Lavender, Lemon, Vanilla

Iced

first tasting note on this one – that’s unfortunate haha This is another sample from crowkettle First off, when someone says creamsicle my first thought is orange creamsicle. So drinking this i needed to keep reaminding myself that it was leamon/lavender NOT orange. Thankfully, this isn’t a bouquet of lavender – which is one of those scents that i am just not a fan of. That being said, this is a relatively subdued blend. It’s not super lemoney, lavender like…more of a light lemon cream with something going on in the background that i wouldn’t necessarily call out as being lavender. decent enough blend, but not my favourite.

Evol Ving Ness

The name alone is intoxicating. I am interested in hearing what others have to say about this. ok, maybe not, because I want some and that will only frustrate me.

CrowKettle

I don’t have a lot but I can send you some if you want :P

Evol Ving Ness

Thanks, CrowKettle, for your kind offer. If you don’t have a lot, I don’t want you to lose out on something you like and are still investigating.

I’d be happy to do a swap of other stuff sometime if you are interested though. No pressure, of course.

CrowKettle

I don’t worry about all that! I’m not really swapping right now because of a green tea overload, but if you PM with some teas you’re interested I’ll try and accommodate :)

Evol Ving Ness

Thanks, CrowKettle. So far, all the swaps I’ve participated in have just been random. Each person seems to have their own approach. Not to worry, one day.