Banana Pancakes

Freeze Dried Banana Slices, Organic Natural Flavors (Vegan), Premium Black Teas
Baked Bread, Banana, Cake, Cinnamon, Maple, Maple Syrup, Nutmeg, Nuts, Pecan, Sweet, Walnut, banana, Butter, Pancake Syrup, Malt, Nutty, Cocoa, Coconut, Fruity, Oats, Smooth, Tannin
High
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “365 Days of Tea Challenge – Day 20 Okay, serious business! I’ve heard amazing things about this tea, so now it’s time to try it myself. I am both a banana lover and a pancake lover, so this tea...” Read full tasting note
  • “Black tea blend of an “Assamica from the JingMai Mountains, a Fujian Black and a Yunnan Gold.” with the addition of organic bananas and “pancake and maple essence.” I put 3 g in my thermos, added...” Read full tasting note
  • “6th Day of Christmas Teas I’ve been bad about staying on top of tea notes, but there’s nothing like getting Pink Eye with ColdTM to give you time to do the little things away from All Other Human...” Read full tasting note
  • “12 Belated Teas of Christmas – #6 Wasn’t my intention to have two pancake teas today, but here we are! Right off the bat, this tea got me excited with its delicious banana aroma – NOT RUNTS! Yay!...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for April 10, 2017!

I don’t think it’s any big secret that I love banana teas. So when I go a couple of months without releasing a banana tea – I really start to miss them. And it seems like it’s been quite some time since I’ve done a pancake tea (actually, I haven’t done a pancake tea since the famous Pancake Breakfast tea which I reblended back in January of last year.) So, I’m thinking – why not bring these two flavors together in one tea?

I started with a fantastic blend of black teas from China: an Assamica from the JingMai Mountains, a Fujian Black and a Yunnan Gold. Then I added some bananas along with pancake and maple essence. But don’t worry, it’s vegan and gluten free – and depending upon how you serve it, its also sugar- and fat-free!

Take a sip on this and experience a stack of banana-filled pancakes dripping with maple syrup! Yummy!

ingredients: black teas, organic bananas and organic natural flavors

About 52teas View company

365 Days of Tea Challenge – Day 20

Okay, serious business! I’ve heard amazing things about this tea, so now it’s time to try it myself. I am both a banana lover and a pancake lover, so this tea was made for me!

You guys, this is just stupidly good… I mean, come on.

To me, it tastes closer to banana bread, as there’s definitely a distinct nuttiness that suggests walnuts or pecans. It has a lovely bready or cakey flavor! The banana is super duper natural-tasting, and it’s definitely a sweet, ripe banana. Personally, I prefer greener bananas for eating, but for banana bread it’s spot-on!

Now, don’t get me wrong, there’s definitely some maple syrup slathered over this particular banana bread. Or maybe it’s banana bread turned French toast! Yep, I’m going with banana bread French toast.

Regardless, it’s delicious. Smooth, sweet, maple-y, cakey, decadent banana bread goodness.

Now I’m just mad that this isn’t a permanent blend and I only have a 15g taster. I’m mad, Anne! :P

Flavors: Baked Bread, Banana, Cake, Cinnamon, Maple, Maple Syrup, Nutmeg, Nuts, Pecan, Sweet, Walnut

yep :(

Cameron B.

(cries on Sil’s shoulder)

Mastress Alita

And now you know why I sold out all the Foggy Coconut like a tyrant the second it finally reappeared. * shifty eyes *

tea-sipper

Is this why we all love 52Teas so much? The blends are rare and tough to grab! If there was overstock… maybe there would be less love for these blends (I will tell myself that anyway.)

52Teas

I’m sorry that I don’t have the room to keep all the teas in stock but at the same time, I’m quite humbled and appreciative to know that there are teas that people love and even more so that some of my originals are now getting that kind of appreciation too. :)

I loved this one!

Cameron B.

@Anne – The next permanent tea should be a banana one! ;)

52Teas

I will announce another permanent tea with the holiday box this year – right now, it’s somewhere between a banana one or the foggy coconut.

Banana banana banana banana banana banana banana….did I mention? Banana? :)

Cameron B.

Ooh, that’s exciting! I would vote for banana, but the Foggy Coconut is very tasty too!

You guys are all against me. :-P #TeamFoggyCoconut

Cameron B.

@ Alita – It’s a conspiraTEA!

Mastress Alita

doing best telenovella impression of Valentina from RuPaul’s Drag Race GASP! I knew it!

Team Foggy!

i think there should be both a permanent blergamot tea AND a permanent banana tea…but start with banana haha

52Teas

@Sil – I need to take it in steps, right now it’s difficult enough for me to keep up with the four teas that are in the permanent collection! I am thinking that I will do one per year or perhaps one every two years – until I get to 9. 9 is the magical number where D’s teas will stop. 9 is the number there will be and the number there will be is 9. Eight is too few and 10 is too many. 9 is the number there must be. (Help, I have been possessed by Mojo Jojo!)

@anne haha i hear you on that. We appreciate all that you do – would rather see you take it easy than burn out and quit alltogether! there are always monthly reblends :)

I put 3 g in my thermos, added 12 oz of 205°F-ish hot water. The main aroma I noticed was maple syrup. The flavor was of sweet banana, maple syrup, and a pancake-y taste too. I finished my first steep awhile ago, and while I’m typing this I can still smell the banana pancakes in my nose. :) Now I don’t know which one I like better… Their Banana and Cream or this one. Both have a natural banana flavor. Nothing candy-like in here, nothing oversweet. A good balance with the black tea blend.

I like it. ^^

Flavors: banana, Butter, Maple Syrup, Pancake Syrup

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
Cameron B.

I still need to try this one from my 52teas order! And the Banana & Cream that you so graciously sent!

So many teas, so little time… #firstworldproblems

Kawaii433

I “think” I send you a sample of this one too so you don’t have to open up your 52teas order bag of this. ^^ and yes, yes, yes, So many teas, so little time, and my bladder can only take so much in a day. #firstworldproblems :P

Cameron B.

I should send it back to you, so you have more to enjoy! ❤

You’re such a sweetheart to even think that. <3

Kawaii433

If and when they get the “large” of this in, I’ll grab me a bag. Please let me know how you like their subscription in the future!

Cameron B.

Unfortunately, I believe this was only reblended for the 12 Teas of Christmas box, so it’s unlikely to be available again, at least for a while. Which is why it’s important that I send your sample back! ;)

52teas only has a few teas (I think she’s up to 4 now?) that are always available. All other teas are limited release. Luckily one of the permanent teas is a pancake one, so hopefully you like that one too!

I will try that one soon then :D. Thank you for the info <3

I loved this tea!

Kawaii433

Todd, it definitely is tasty!

6th Day of Christmas Teas

I’ve been bad about staying on top of tea notes, but there’s nothing like getting Pink Eye with ColdTM to give you time to do the little things away from All Other Human Beings. I feel bad for taking time off work today (and probably tomorrow), when I’ve already taken 3 days off for health reasons in the last 6 months, but I don’t really see another option for this particular affliction. Please be less traitorous, immune system.

Anyways.. tea. This is a near perfect blend of banana and maple syrup sweetness. It kicks the the sugar cravings in the butt, while the black base also cuts the sweetness to finish with a malty, slightly astringent nip. It also takes nicely to milk, and is the perfect amount of richness for a cold day.

Flavors: Banana, Malt, Maple Syrup, Pancake Syrup

VariaTEA

It’s messed up how people feel bad using sick days when they are actually sick. When I had gallstones I was in the hospital at 3 am refusing morphine for the pain because I wouldn’t be able to drive to work the next day. Around an hour later I finally gave in. 3 days, or even 5 days, in 6 months is not much at all but I get feeling bad for taking the time. Just take care of yourself and hopefully you feel better asap.

Mastress Alita

You guys wouldn’t feel guilty for that at all if you had any idea how many absenses I have because of my chronic migraines. I have to keep FMLA on file to keep my job and resubmit every year, otherwise I’d have lost my job from attendance (and I’m using my earned SL/VL FOR the FMLA, too…)

52Teas

If you’re sick, you need to take the time off – trust someone who didn’t think that an earache was a big enough deal and I put off going to the doctor until it was almost too late and I nearly died because that earache developed into meningitis. It’s better to take a day or two off now and get yourself taken care of when it’s a small matter than to wait until you are so sick that you need to be in the hospital for a while.

CrowKettle

Thank you for your insight everyone. It really puts things in perspective.

12 Belated Teas of Christmas – #6
Wasn’t my intention to have two pancake teas today, but here we are! Right off the bat, this tea got me excited with its delicious banana aroma – NOT RUNTS! Yay! And flavourwise, it literally tastes like liquid banana bread. Unsweetened banana bread, but very unmistakeable (in my mind, anyhow). I don’t believe I’ve had banana pancakes before, but I could be easily convinced that banana pancakes taste like banana bread, making this tea very accurately flavoured. I’m pretty sure this was a tea that was voted on to be part of the calendar (?), and I can understand why. It’s great. Now, I’m actually not a big fan of banana bread, so I probably wouldn’t keep this tea around, but I’m still enjoying it. I haven’t the heart to rate this where I should, for me (75?), so I’ve rated it more in terms of flavour and execution (85), instead of my personal desire to drink it in the future.

52Teas

I really dislike banana runts or any candy where there’s that sickly sweet artificial banana flavor . . . which is why it really surprised me the first time I tried one of Frank’s banana teas, I thought it was going to taste like the artificially flavored banana candy. Since that first taste – banana has become one of my favorite flavors for tea.

And yes, this is one is one that was voted on. :)

Mmmmmmm bananas

Roswell Strange

I love that Banana is such a strong staple for 52Teas ^^ If you ever decide to add another permanent tea to the collection, banana would be such a great route to go.

Kittenna

I agree with Roswell – even if it was a rotating blend idea like the vanilla. Your banana teas are excellent and well-loved, and having one always around that new (and old) tea drinkers can pop into their cart is probably a good idea.

Evol Ving Ness

Agreed, HOWEVER, please do not sacrifice the vanilla teas from the roster, any of the vanilla teas.

Thanks, Sara! (She hates bananas.)

It smells like pancakes!

Ooh, it tastes like pancakes, syrup, and a little banana. This is genius. It starts off with more pancake flavor, with more syrup flavor at the end of the sip.

I make pancakes using flour, a pinch of baking soda, and water. I wonder how they’d taste made using this tea instead of water!

Flavors: banana, Pancake Syrup

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Mastress Alita

Make me your pancakes using the maple houjicha and I’m down! :-P

Todd

drool I’ll have to save a bit of that for your next visit!

Kawaii433

I just ordered this and a few of their teas. First time order there. :D

Mastress Alita

Oh, nice Kawaii! I highly recommend their shop, since they do a different small-batch blend every week, whenever you drop by there is always new stuff to try out, the ingredients are always quite fresh, and the blends really fun.

Kawaii433

Mastress Alita, :D and do you recommend their subscription?

Todd

I also ordered from them for the first time today. I have tried some of their teas before, and they are magical.

Kawaii433

Todd :D cool, I look forward to some of your reviews when you get your package.

Mastress Alita

@Kawaii433: I don’t do a subscription, because they have lots of banana blends, and that is my Demon Food, so it wouldn’t really work for me. I’m sure it is an excellent option for a lot of folks, though! I order from their site every so often where I can pick and choose blends and typically really enjoy what I’ve tried. Foggy Coconut, a coconut-flavored Earl Grey, has been one of my favorite teas ever.

Kawaii433

Mastress Alita kk :) and lol @Demon food ^^. I have a few demon foods myself hehe.

This is the second banana tea I’ve ever tried. I’m not a particular fan of bananas in general, and the idea of banana tea sounds disgusting. However, I’ve loved both of the teas I’ve tried, so I don’t know what the deal is here! This has a bright banana flavor and distinct maple and nut flavors – I also don’t tend to like maple or nut, so I’m really confused. The important thing here is that this tea is delicious, and I am craving more of it!

Flavors: banana, Maple Syrup, Nutty

VariaTEA

I think you are in the minority on here thinking that a banana tea sounds disgusting lol. I’m glad that this one surprised you though and ended up being enjoyable.

Mastress Alita

Oh, banana is my Demon Food, I won’t touch anything banana, tea or otherwise. Everything thinks I’m crazy because I can drink hibiscus and licorice root no problem, but banana? Noooooooooooooooooooooo… I wouldn’t even be able to smell it without it setting off my gag reflex. A banana peel in a breakroom trash is enough to do it for me. :-(

Kittenna

I have a coworker exactly like that. I felt horribly guilty ever bringing a banana to work, and when I sat near her, I made very sure to eat it far away.

TreeGal

I only ever worried about burning popcorn in the break room or microwaving fish, lol!

Mastress Alita

Hahaha, someone burnt popcorn here last week and we were smelling it all day. The break room is very close to where I catalog books, too…

I do have a “mushy foods” texture issue, but my aversion to banana is even stronger than that (even though it does have that texture I can’t handle). The aversion is so strong I can’t even watch someone else eat one or I get queasy. A wiff of the scent sets me off. If one slice is if a fruit smoothie with 18 other fruits, I’d pick out the taste and gag. I won’t eat any loaf of bread in the breakroom without sending someone else in to poison test for me: “Is it banana, zuccini, or pumpkin?” And if they can’t tell me 100% for certain, I won’t touch it (even though I love zuccini and pumpkin bread). I have just as big of a problem with artificial/candy banana flavor as the real thing. I have no idea why I have this problem or where/when it started… but I tend to think everyone simply has that one food for them. It’s just “that food” for me.

tea-sipper

Oh yes, tomato is exactly that food for me. I can’t smell it, look at it, nope. It was always like that. Though I can tolerate unchunky sauce (which probably barely has tomato in it anyway.)

tea-sipper

Oh and ketchup, I love ketchup but again, it’s more like the smell/texture thing.

VariaTEA

@Mastress Alita, there is a radio host I used to listen to that has the same aversion to banana. He is also the producer of the show he hosts and makes others eat bananas in the hall if they had one.

Mastress Alita

@VariaTEA and @Kittenna: I’m surprised to hear I’m not the only one out there, I’ve always felt rather unusual!

@tea-sipper: That makes me think of Link from the popular YouTube series Good Mythical Morning! He eats some of the worst foodstuffs across the globe for that show, yet his real nemesis his tomato! (Like, he’ll be more bothered that there is tomato on his testical-meat burger and pick those off than the fact this his burger is quite literally made out of animal genitals, bwahahaha)

TreeGal

I wish we could just “like” posts here!

Kittenna

@TreeGal – I know what you mean!

@Mastress Alita – I’m equally surprised to hear of another person with this sort of strong banana aversion!

Roswell Strange

My former step dad was pretty close to the same with bananas – I think it originally stemmed from a texture thing for him, and over time just became an extreme aversion to nearly anything banana. Except, he’s usually fine with stuff that’s more like a “banana candy” flavour instead of natural banana.

6th tea of Christmas

I did actually drink this yesterday morning, but forgot to write about it. I hadn’t tried this blend before and IT IS SO GOOD. upon opening the bag, you get this nice whiff of maple. MAPLE!! BANANAS!!!! PANCAKES!!! these are all things that I love.

however, WAS THERE COCONUT IN THIS? O.O I kinda don’t think so, but it also kinda tasted like a hint, a small suggestion, of coconut and I made a face and a co-worker came and asked if I was okay (I’m sure my face was all puffy, but for very different reasons), and I was like ? is there coconut? and it was weird. why am I this way?

derk

(stranger hugs)

52Teas

No, absolutely no coconut.

annie

@derk, thank you :)

A sipdown this morning of a tea from last year’s 12 Teas of Christmas. I still have a few pouches half full and at least three unopened. I intend to finish them up before my next advent tea calendar arrives.

I can taste bananas, walnuts, granola (nuts, oats, coconut), and a fruity, smooth black base that has some acidity to it. This could overbrew easily, but I found ~4 minutes was fine. I did 8 minutes in hottish (70 deg C) water because I had no kettle or microwave and had to make-due with tap water. I could see this making an amazing latte and it would take sweetener well. I think it is great on its own as well. There is a hint of cocoa in the base tea that would be covered up by adding milk to it.

Flavors: banana, Cocoa, Coconut, Fruity, Nutty, Oats, Smooth, Tannin, Walnut

155 °F / 68 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 19 OZ / 550 ML
Evol Ving Ness

Hmm, I don’t recall this one being in the 12 Teas, but if I am not mistaken, Banana Pudding was.

52Teas

Yes, I found myself wondering if Banana Pancakes was in the Christmas box and I think it was the Banana pudding – which will also match with the coconut notes that you’re also experiencing.

52Teas

Oh – Banana pancakes was a tea of the week from 2017.

Arby

It was definitely Banana Pudding. I wasn’t paying attention to the pouch. Thanks for letting me know.

mmmmm not enough banana as usual but this was a good tastey treat. Very much sort of pancake/syrup vibe to it along with the banana. thanks variaTEA!

Helena

Your making me hungry! Cut it out you :D

This has been in a traveling tea mug since 7:30 am yesterday. I took it to work but didn’t drink it there and then brought it home where I discovered my brother threw his back out and so again this got forgotten. Then I went to see Thor again and out for dinner and then came home and crashed.

So, it is metally and only room temperature but there is also definite pancakes and maple syrup notes here with hints of banana among the tin. Now I am sad I let this sit as long as I did because it clearly was going to make for a tasty drink but now my neglect made things sad.