The Unicorn!

Fruity, Mango, Strawberry, Sweet, Vanilla
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “Very interesting tea – I found the combination of flavours intriguing, as each sip I was tasting something new. I didn’t write down specifically what I was tasting, but it was fruity and creamy and...” Read full tasting note
  • “This was an interesting one for me. Came across as mostly vanilla fruitness but not red fruit, fruitiness if that makes sense. I don’t know that i could have told you WHICH fruits were in here...” Read full tasting note
  • “Fluffy. Fruity. Creamy. Delicious. And since it doesn’t have a year’s worth of sugar in it, I would say it is far superior to its inspiration at Starbucks that coffee shop that shall not be...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea has so many ingredients that don’t sound like they’d go together, but they really do. It’s fruity and sweet, and the marshmallow and vanilla add a lovely comforting touch. The black tea...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for June 5, 2017!

This week, we’re doing something different because it’s the first week of our anniversary month! We – Amethyst & I – took over 52Teas 2 years ago! Yay! So to celebrate our anniversary month – we’re kicking off the first week with two teas of the week instead of just one.

The two teas are a spin-off of a certain coffee shop’s celebrated drinks – I decided to take that idea and give it my own spin.

According to everything I’ve been seeing online, it seems to be the Year of the Unicorn Food. Everyone seems to have a unicorn something or other – there’s Unicorn donuts and Unicorn ice cream, Unicorn cheesecake and let’s not forget about the Unicorn whipped drinks from that popular coffee shop.

I’ve always loved unicorns and I had a rather impressive unicorn collection at one time in my life – so I decided that this was a trend that I wouldn’t mind taking part in.

So here’s my answer to this latest frenzy: The Unicorn! This is a black tea (a blend of Golden Yunnan & Assamica from the JingMai Mountains) blended with marshmallow root & vanilla bean for a creamy note with the ‘rainbow’ flavors of mango, blueberry and strawberry.

I added some purple candy sprinkles because I think the Unicorns would want it that way.

ingredients: black teas & vegan candy sprinkles

organic ingredients: mangoes, blueberries, strawberries, marshmallow root, vanilla bean & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Very interesting tea – I found the combination of flavours intriguing, as each sip I was tasting something new. I didn’t write down specifically what I was tasting, but it was fruity and creamy and fairly tasty; the base was present but not overwhelming. Overall a pretty enjoyable cup.

This was an interesting one for me. Came across as mostly vanilla fruitness but not red fruit, fruitiness if that makes sense. I don’t know that i could have told you WHICH fruits were in here but it’s still tasty and enjoyable. :)

Helena

And we shall call it “Mystery Fruit”.

supposed to be mango, blueberry and uh something else.

Helena

But Mystery Fruit is more in line with the tea’s name. So we can rename the tea Mysterious Unicorn.

Fluffy. Fruity. Creamy. Delicious. And since it doesn’t have a year’s worth of sugar in it, I would say it is far superior to its inspiration at Starbucks that coffee shop that shall not be named.

Check out my full review here: http://sororiteasisters.com/2017/12/12/the-unicorn-from-52teas/

And check out my unicorn sweet table here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRrNA2xFba0/?taken-by=rachel12610

52Teas

That sweet table is sweet!!!

Lexie Aleah

That sweet table looks amazing! I’ve been wanting cake all day and have none.

Evol Ving Ness

Goodness! That requires far more self-restraint than I possess.

It’s fruity and sweet, and the marshmallow and vanilla add a lovely comforting touch. The black tea base is so smooth and yet it is robust enough to still be present despite all the other ingredients. I’ve had it both hot and iced, and it’s lovely both ways. I prefer it iced, but, as of late, it’s also been consistently well over 90°F in the shade here in south Texas.

It’s a lovely tea to have as an afternoon pick-me-up while at work. It’s got some caffeine to get me through the afternoon and it’s sweet enough to keep me from raiding the office kitchen.

Another really nice flavored black tea blend from 52Teas.

Flavors: Fruity, Mango, Strawberry, Sweet, Vanilla

As I mentioned in my tasting note of the Dragon – this is the first week of our Anniversary Month (we took over 52Teas in June of 2015!) so for this week, I decided to make not just one but TWO teas for the Tea of the Week – this is one of those teas (the Dragon is the other).

I hot-brewed this and then let it cool for iced tea. I did the hot brew mostly because I forgot to set it to cold brew last night and rather than waiting a few hours to let it cold-brew today, I decided to let the Breville do the work for me.

This tea is really delightful iced. The mango & berry combination offers a lovely sweetness and the vanilla/marshmallow notes give the tea a layer of softness. I usually prefer iced teas to be made with green tea because I often find black teas to be too ‘heavy’ for something I want to be light and refreshing – but the way the flavors come together here, it doesn’t come across as too dense. It has a nice balance – it’s really quite perfect as an iced tea. Sweet and smooth.