The Unicorn!

Fruity, Mango, Strawberry, Sweet, Vanilla
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “This was an interesting one for me. Came across as mostly vanilla fruitness but not red fruit, fruitiness if that makes sense. I don’t know that i could have told you WHICH fruits were in here...” Read full tasting note
  • “I iced this in the morning and then took it to work only to not drink it and bring it home. I’ve been sitting with this in front of me for basically 12 hours and only just took my first sip now. I...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea has so many ingredients that don’t sound like they’d go together, but they really do. It’s fruity and sweet, and the marshmallow and vanilla add a lovely comforting touch. The black tea...” Read full tasting note
  • “As I mentioned in my tasting note of the Dragon – this is the first week of our Anniversary Month (we took over 52Teas in June of 2015!) so for this week, I decided to make not just one but TWO...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for June 5, 2017!

This week, we’re doing something different because it’s the first week of our anniversary month! We – Amethyst & I – took over 52Teas 2 years ago! Yay! So to celebrate our anniversary month – we’re kicking off the first week with two teas of the week instead of just one.

The two teas are a spin-off of a certain coffee shop’s celebrated drinks – I decided to take that idea and give it my own spin.

According to everything I’ve been seeing online, it seems to be the Year of the Unicorn Food. Everyone seems to have a unicorn something or other – there’s Unicorn donuts and Unicorn ice cream, Unicorn cheesecake and let’s not forget about the Unicorn whipped drinks from that popular coffee shop.

I’ve always loved unicorns and I had a rather impressive unicorn collection at one time in my life – so I decided that this was a trend that I wouldn’t mind taking part in.

So here’s my answer to this latest frenzy: The Unicorn! This is a black tea (a blend of Golden Yunnan & Assamica from the JingMai Mountains) blended with marshmallow root & vanilla bean for a creamy note with the ‘rainbow’ flavors of mango, blueberry and strawberry.

I added some purple candy sprinkles because I think the Unicorns would want it that way.

ingredients: black teas & vegan candy sprinkles

organic ingredients: mangoes, blueberries, strawberries, marshmallow root, vanilla bean & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

This was an interesting one for me. Came across as mostly vanilla fruitness but not red fruit, fruitiness if that makes sense. I don’t know that i could have told you WHICH fruits were in here but it’s still tasty and enjoyable. :)

Helena

And we shall call it “Mystery Fruit”.

supposed to be mango, blueberry and uh something else.

Helena

But Mystery Fruit is more in line with the tea’s name. So we can rename the tea Mysterious Unicorn.

I iced this in the morning and then took it to work only to not drink it and bring it home. I’ve been sitting with this in front of me for basically 12 hours and only just took my first sip now. I gotta say, it’s pretty tasty. This tastes like juice. Strawberry mango juice, not fresh squeezed/pressed but rather like a juice box which means no tartness so I’m happy. It’s pretty nostalgic actually of my favorite juice box from when I was younger so I’m smiling and sipping and enjoying this tea.

It’s fruity and sweet, and the marshmallow and vanilla add a lovely comforting touch. The black tea base is so smooth and yet it is robust enough to still be present despite all the other ingredients. I’ve had it both hot and iced, and it’s lovely both ways. I prefer it iced, but, as of late, it’s also been consistently well over 90°F in the shade here in south Texas.

It’s a lovely tea to have as an afternoon pick-me-up while at work. It’s got some caffeine to get me through the afternoon and it’s sweet enough to keep me from raiding the office kitchen.

Another really nice flavored black tea blend from 52Teas.

Flavors: Fruity, Mango, Strawberry, Sweet, Vanilla

As I mentioned in my tasting note of the Dragon – this is the first week of our Anniversary Month (we took over 52Teas in June of 2015!) so for this week, I decided to make not just one but TWO teas for the Tea of the Week – this is one of those teas (the Dragon is the other).

I hot-brewed this and then let it cool for iced tea. I did the hot brew mostly because I forgot to set it to cold brew last night and rather than waiting a few hours to let it cold-brew today, I decided to let the Breville do the work for me.

This tea is really delightful iced. The mango & berry combination offers a lovely sweetness and the vanilla/marshmallow notes give the tea a layer of softness. I usually prefer iced teas to be made with green tea because I often find black teas to be too ‘heavy’ for something I want to be light and refreshing – but the way the flavors come together here, it doesn’t come across as too dense. It has a nice balance – it’s really quite perfect as an iced tea. Sweet and smooth.