Passion Fruit de la Crème

White Tea
Calendula Petals, Passion Flower, Passionfruit, Vanilla Bean, White Tea
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by apieceofquiche

• “I’m not sure if it’s because this tea is older now (although I’ve had it sealed up until today) but it’s quite lacklustre. There isn’t any creaminess and in terms of passion fruit, it doesn’t taste...” Read full tasting note
  • “Noope. Unfortunately, this tea didn’t do it for me. There just isn’t enough juicy fruitiness here, instead it tastes like an older white tea with only a hint of nondescript fruit. Perhaps age could...” Read full tasting note
  • ““de la creme” gets me every time. I see it and have to have it. Though in the case of this tea I don’t know if its working for me. I want more…more flavor from the passion fruit or more cream. The...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m so glad I bit the bullet and purchased a taster bag of this when I noticed it was on sale. What a treat! Flavored white teas are so challenging for me because it’s difficult to extract much...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

I’ve not done a passion fruit tea before – so I thought it was about time to change that! Because passion fruit tends to be a tart fruit, I thought the perfect tea base would be a sweet Bai Mu Dan from the Yunnan Province. Then I added some vanilla bean for some extra sweetness and a touch of creaminess.

This is really quite nice, I love the way the sweeter components soften the tart fruit just enough so I’m not puckering – but not so much that it obscures the flavor of the fruit. It’s going to make a really lovely summertime refresher!

Large size is approximately 25g

ingredients: white tea & candied (sugared) dried passion fruit

organic ingredients: passion flower, calendula petals, vanilla bean & natural ingredients

About 52teas View company

I’m not sure if it’s because this tea is older now (although I’ve had it sealed up until today) but it’s quite lacklustre. There isn’t any creaminess and in terms of passion fruit, it doesn’t taste like passionfruit is in here, rather, a vague candied fruit flavour underneath the dusty base. A little sad since passionfruit is one of my favourite fruits.

52Teas

:( I’m sorry to hear that. I can’t say that it’s because of the age of this tea or not, but I do remember when it was fresh that I had a really nice passion fruit taste to it. What a bummer.

Noope. Unfortunately, this tea didn’t do it for me. There just isn’t enough juicy fruitiness here, instead it tastes like an older white tea with only a hint of nondescript fruit. Perhaps age could be a factor here, but it was sealed until recently.

“de la creme” gets me every time. I see it and have to have it. Though in the case of this tea I don’t know if its working for me. I want more…more flavor from the passion fruit or more cream. The two flavors are present but conflicting and on top of that the white base contributes a lot of flavor that also feels out of place.

I’m so glad I bit the bullet and purchased a taster bag of this when I noticed it was on sale. What a treat! Flavored white teas are so challenging for me because it’s difficult to extract much flavor, especially when the teas aren’t laden with candied fruits and things, with such a short steep. This is a wonderful blend. I love the passion fruit flavor in tea, and it comes through very nicely in this white tea – a nice combination of both sweet and tart. Since I had the blend iced I probably lost some of the creaminess, but, thankfully, the vanilla was still present. It’s a great tea for squashing the 3pm sugar cravings.

Sipdown (618)!

Hmm, something about this mug was a bit off. Probably because it was steeped with all of the broken bits of white tea at the bottom of the teabag. Taste wise, it had nice custard elements but the passion fruit was almost medicinal. Something about the combo of the passionfruit and the white tea itself.

Not the best send off.