Passion Fruit de la Crème

White Tea
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From 52teas

I’ve not done a passion fruit tea before – so I thought it was about time to change that! Because passion fruit tends to be a tart fruit, I thought the perfect tea base would be a sweet Bai Mu Dan from the Yunnan Province. Then I added some vanilla bean for some extra sweetness and a touch of creaminess.

This is really quite nice, I love the way the sweeter components soften the tart fruit just enough so I’m not puckering – but not so much that it obscures the flavor of the fruit. It’s going to make a really lovely summertime refresher!

Large size is approximately 25g

ingredients: white tea & candied (sugared) dried passion fruit

organic ingredients: passion flower, calendula petals, vanilla bean & natural ingredients

About 52teas View company

Finally getting around to trying this one! I was super curious about it when it was announced; passion fruit teas have really been a favourite of mine this summer and this one in particular sounds pretty unique/interesting!

I tried it hot and straight for my first tasting and here were my thoughts:

- Like 90% of me really liked this one
- It’s medium bodied and smooth
- With a vanilla note that’s like a cross between pudding and custard
- And a sweet, candied passionfruit flavour
- The other 10% is bothered by this weird medicinal quality
- And I can’t for the life of me figure out where it’s coming from

Very interesting, I just wish I could place what in particular is giving me that medicinal sort of flavour/vibe. It’ll be something to keep an eye out for next time I have this one, and if it continues to be present I’ll have to see if tweaking the prep style does anything to improve/fix it or if it’s just a permanent aspect of the tea…