Gramma's Spice Cake

Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

Tasting Notes

There aren't any tasting notes for this tea yet.

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for August 28, 2017!

OK, OK – to be completely honest – my Gramma didn’t really make spice cake. At least, not that I am aware of. However, she was the best baker that I knew – granted, I’m probably a little biased because she was Gramma but that woman could bake a pie like nobody’s business – she made the most amazingly awesome baked treats – cookies, pies, cakes – but I don’t really recall a spice cake if I’m to be totally honest.

So you might be wondering why I named this tea “Gramma’s Spice Cake” – well, that’s because IF she did make a spice cake, this is exactly what I would expect it to be like. It would have apricots and almonds. It would have cinnamon and ginger and just a hint of nutmeg. It would be sweet and delicious – just like everything else that emerged from Gramma’s oven.

I started with a base of Chinese black teas (golden Yunnan, Fujian and Assamica grown in the JingMai Mountains) and added apricots, almond essence, ginger, cinnamon, freshly shaved nutmeg and just a touch of flavoring to create a cake-like taste. (Don’t worry, it’s allergen free!)

This tastes like a celebration of that special time of year when summer leaves us a bounty of delicious fruits (including apricots!) and fall is about to begin.

Yes, this is indeed what the spice cake of my dreams would taste like – this tastes just like what I’d expect a spice cake from Gramma’s kitchen to taste like!

ingredients: black teas

organic ingredients: apricots, cinnamon, ginger, shaved nutmeg and natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Tasting Notes

There aren't any tasting notes for this tea yet.