Ginger Cola

Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for September 4, 2017!

I have a confession. I have been cheating on tea with a cola. Not like all the time – not even every day . . . but every once in a while, I’ll crack open a can of the ginger cola that’s made by one of the 2 big cola giants. I’m not going to name names because I don’t want to get a ‘cease and desist’ order – but it’s in a slender, tall, bright copper-orange can and it’s sold by individual cans rather than by the 6 or 12 pack.

Anyway, I originally only bought one can of this stuff – you know – just to try it. Curiosity. But I was hooked after my first sip. It’s so good – that little touch of ginger cuts through the syrup-y sweetness that usually turns me off when it comes to soda.

I happen to like the cola flavored teas (in most cases, more than I like cola itself) so I decided I should try to craft a ginger cola black tea to get me over my affair with the cola because I like it better when tea is the main beverage in my life.

So I started with a base of black teas from China (Golden Yunnan, Fujian & Assamica grown in the Jing Mai Mountains) and added ginger as well as some candied (sugared) ginger and some cola essence. And WOWZA! I’m loving it! This is tasty as a hot tea but it excels as an iced tea!

ingredients: black teas

organic ingredients: ginger, candied (sugared) ginger & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Exactly as described: cola + ginger. The base wasn’t astringent, and I got lots of both cola and ginger, so this tea really hit the mark. Probably would be better chilled.

Lexie Aleah

as a Tea Pop it would probably be amazing.

This smells 100% of cola which is awesome and even though this has sat in my travel mug all day, it tastes like cola as well, with a nice serving of ginger. I think I would like to try this hotter or colder as opposed to lukewarm but this is a nice start.

feel free to give me all of this one if you don’t love it haha.

Glad you’re getting to dig in to these though :)

VariaTEA

I have so many untouched teas in my cupboard and yet it took getting these packages to get me to stop shopping for more tea. Well that and the emails that my packages are shipping :P

Evol Ving Ness

I keep reminding myself to shop in my own cupboard and/or crack open samples from swaps, but human nature is a funny thing.

I have no cupboard to shop in lol anymore

You can shop in mine!

hahahahah, you two!

sooooooooooooooooo bored with my cupboard. need teas to show up damnit….

Tea Press Sipdown (532)!

Seriously love this one. Overall, it’s sweet but not artificial or cloying and definitely conveys the taste of cola. The more I drink it, the more I feel like the ginger could actually be a little stronger/more in the forefront. The citrus undertones are pleasant too; I know they’re meant to sort of play into that cola flavour (spice + citrus in the right combo = cola) but they’re nice as a stand alone not also.

Please, please reblend this one sometime in the future!

This really is one of the best 52 Teas blends

i think i’m actually going to really miss this one once it’s gone. The more i have it, the more i am a fan. Just a really interesting tea both hot and cold!

I really like this too. It should become a staple. This and Banilla Marshmallow

*Vanilla

banilla marshmallow sounds tasty…banana, vanilla, marshmallow…

VariaTEA

Anne, if you see this, can you make Banilla Marshmallow a thing?

52Teas

Do you mean with a black tea base? I have already made Banana Marshmallow Treat a thing. :)

Banilla Marshmallow tea*

Lexie Aleah

it really should be a permanent tea!<3

yes black base!

Evol Ving Ness

Banana plus vanilla plus marshmallow on a black base. Yes, yes, I support Banilla Marshmallow!