Banana Zomba

Green Tea
Fair Trade, Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “Uh, yum! Thanks Sil for unknowingly convincing me to buy this one. It’s really fucking good – and not even “good for a green tea” good, just straight up delicious! It’s really, really banana heavy...” Read full tasting note
  • “ok so as some know…i can’t seem to get enough banana in my teas. Anne thought of me when she made this one and twisted my very rubber arm to get me to include this in my order :) I’m glad i sis...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for October 23, 2017!

I’m not big on bananas. I like them OK and I eat them every now and then, but they aren’t my favorite fruit. However, when it comes to fruit flavored teas, well that’s a totally different thing altogether. I absolutely LOVE banana flavored tea.

So I decided to go totally BANANAS with this blend and make it all about the banana. I started with a single garden green tea from the Satemwa estate in Malawi – their Zomba steamed green tea – and I added bananas. Lots and lots of bananas. And then I added more bananas. And that’s it.

This Zomba steamed green tea is bananas!

ingredients: green tea, organic bananas & organic natural flavor

About 52teas View company

Uh, yum!

It’s really, really banana heavy but that’s not a bad thing. I fucking ADORE banana teas and I’ve always had a soft spot for 52Tea’s banana teas whether that be under Frank’s ownership or Anne’s. I initially ignored this one ‘cause green tea base – but it actually works very well because it just adds that grassy sharpness that you get with slightly underripe bananas anyway. So that’s basically what this tastes like: sweet, delectable bananas that are maybe just a pinch away from being perfectly ripe. It’s really, really silky smooth too!

Also – eating the banana bits out of the steeped up leaf? Hell to the yes! 100% recommend doing that – it was a fucking delicious treat.

ok so as some know…i can’t seem to get enough banana in my teas. Anne thought of me when she made this one and twisted my very rubber arm to get me to include this in my order :) I’m glad i sis because it’s super tasty. What i like is that paired with the green base, it’s banana and fruity at the same time whereas with black blends, the banana feels darker? less fruity. I’m sure i could ask for more banana in this one, but it’s pretty darn tasty!

Indigobloom

Hmm I hadn’t thought about it like that. Didn’t get this one because it wasn’t black. Your perspective has made me curious now :P

you know me…i don’t love green teas… but it works with this

Evol Ving Ness

Didn’t get this one because it wasn’t black.

Ayup, sadly shakes head.

Indigobloom

Sighs. Not that I need MOAR tea. I have some 52teas on the way and am trying to sip down before black friday…

hahaha i feel you! I so very much want to place a bunch of orders…. trying to resist…must drink more!

Evol Ving Ness

Not that I need more tea. And honestly, I could do with Black Friday coming in about six months from now.

Roswell Strange

I also was in the camp of people who originally skipped past it because it was a green base, but I totally ordered it yesterday because of this review…

haha hope you like it roswell!