The Vanilla Marshmallow.

Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

From 52teas

Our ULTIMATE Vanilla-Marshmallow Blend!

I crafted this blend as part of the black tea reblend trio even though it’s not precisely a reblend. It’s more like a re-imagined version of three past blends: Amethyst’s Gold, French Vanilla Assam and Marshmallow Assam. I decided to bring these three teas together as inspiration for this, The Vanilla Marshmallow.

I started with an Assam tea and added some Assamica from the JingMai Mountains. Then I added some Yunnan & Fujian black teas to help round out the base a little. I wanted a rich, flavorful base to support this blend. Then I added lots of marshmallow root and vanilla bean and natural flavor extracts to create our most vanilla, most marshmallow blend yet.

The flavor of this tea will have you thinking that you’re floating on a fluffy, vanilla marshmallow somewhere near cloud 9!

ingredients: black teas

organic ingredients: black teas, marshmallow root, vanilla bean & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

This is my first experience with this blend, so this tea and I are just getting to know each other.

I will also say that vanilla teas are one of my most favourite things and that being the case, I take every opportunity to drink the ones which I find to be delicious. So yes, I have high hopes that this one is one that I start the day thinking about.

One of my favourite vanilla teas has big hunks of Tahitian vanilla bean in the leaf and this is the scent that I inhale when I plunge my face into that bag and inhale.

This leaf is a far more gentle delicate beast and the scent is more that of vanilla extract. Delicate and thin rather than the deep sensuality of the bean.

My first few sips were quite astringent, but thankfully, the tea mellows as it cools a bit.

Delicious. Not what I had expected or had hoped for, but delicious.

Maybe I have mentioned that I do mindfulness meditation. One of the things is to check into what is rather than what you expect or what you hope for, ie. to let go of the judging mind. It’s been many many many months of practice and it’s hard to shake that habit of well, it’s just not what I thought it was going to be.

Hurray for blenders who experiment with standards that people have pretty fixed ideas about.

And hurray for tea drinkers who experiment and stay open-minded. Flexibility is, after all, good for the brain. And probably good for the rest of us too.

Evol climbs down from soapbox.

Ok, that’s what I’ve got so far. To be continued.

Rosehips

Vanilla and marshmallow? Oooh. You have piqued my interest.

Indigobloom

aw yum!! sounds delish

I know this doesn’t work for everyone, but i have found a happy place with this one. Though i DO wish i’d been able to try amythsy’s gold.

Oh no, the pressure of writing the first tasting note on this one. I tried this the day that my parcel landed and have had it a couple times since, wanting to experiencing it more than once before considering writing anything. Silly me still has my taster of Amethyst’s Gold from my last order waiting to be cracked open, so I can’t compare for the time being, but at the very least, I can compare—mentally—to the original French Vanilla Assam available a few years ago. As a side note, merely thinking of the original 52teas blends is making me feel really old. How time flies! I remember trying French Vanilla Assam in my very first order back in… 2012 maybe? It feels like yesterday. It doesn’t help that I’ll be reaching a birthday milestone in a couple weeks, which has been leaving me crying in my sauerkraut as of late.

So, this blend, I’ll be quite honest. When I opened the package, I was quite disappointed. The scent of the dry leaf smelled a little dusty. Nineteen-02’s Coffee Caramel comes to mind, whose base I sadly described as “pseudo-stale” and reminiscent of Metropolitan teas. Maybe it’s just my nose but that’s what I’m getting.

Steeped, it smells extremely lightly of melted vanilla caramels. In flavour, I am picking up mostly on honey notes, a touch of dried fruit, and there’s a slight smokiness in the far background. It’s not that malty, which I was expecting it to be. I can pick up on some marshmallow root but it’s quite faint, and is completely killed off once milk is added. Overall, it’s a decent blend but not my favourite. I’ve already tried the other two fundraiser blends but have yet to write about them, but I will say right now that I prefer the other two!

oh no! i was really looking forward to this one…it’s on my list to try today/tomorrow

Indigobloom

Oh dear. This tea is the reason I ordered the trio.
Also… HUGS! birthdays can suck. Atleast there’s sauerkraut <3

oh man.. i missed the b-day milestone comment. I feel you on that one!

Fjellrev

You never know, maybe I’ll be the odd one out. I love my blacks on the bolder, maltier side and my vanilla to be OMGWTFVANILLA-level vanilla.

Honestly, so weird to think of trying teas from years ago that only felt like yesterday!

Evol Ving Ness

Me too. :(
However, I fully expect this particular tea to make me sing out in jubilation regardless.

And birthday. I feel ya. Mine is in a couple of weeks too. Do we share a birthday!?

Fjellrev

Ohh, maybe we do!

Evol Ving Ness

Forgive me if I don’t remember. Birthdays generally do not stay in my mind.