Carrot Cake Pancakes

A Black Tea from

Rating

75 / 100

Calculated from 1 Rating
Do you recommend this tea?
Recommend to Facebook friends
Tweet this tea on Twitter
Baked Bread, Cake, Carrot, Cinnamon, Frosting, Maple, Nutmeg, Pancake Syrup, Maple Syrup, Spices
Organic, Vegan
Review this tea
Save to your wishlist
Add to your cupboard
Edit tea info

“The first thing I noticed while drinking this tea is that it has the nice spice that I love in a good carrot cake. A nice rounded spice flavor that is kept in check by the sweetness of the carrot....” Read full tasting note
“Another sipdown! Initially I hated this one because it was in my “Danish” packet- the tea I was most looking forward to in my order (Danish turned out to be in the Carrot Cake Pancakes pouch so I...” Read full tasting note
“Another one of those I can’t believe I am the first one to comment on this stellar tea notes. This is one inspired and beautifully balanced tea. Imagine a layer of quasi-carrot cake spice...” Read full tasting note

Description

Tea of the Week for November 13, 2017!

I’m not sure exactly where I got the inspiration for this except that I had ordered some freeze-dried carrots when I placed my most recent dried fruits order and when I got the order in, I couldn’t remember why it was that I decided to order the carrots so I started thinking about what I was going to do with them. About the same time I was adding our Pancake Breakfast tea to my to-do list (as in, I needed to reblend the Pancake Breakfast tea) and somehow the idea for making a Carrot Cake Pancake flavored tea popped into my head.

At first, I kind of dismissed it but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of making a Carrot Cake Pancake tea. It sounded like a perfect yet a little different tea for fall. A little off the beaten path. In other words, it sounded like something “not pumpkin” for autumn but with many of the classic flavor profiles for an autumnal tea. The warm spices of the cake – cinnamon, allspice and a touch of nutmeg – the savory/sweet note from the carrot and of course, you’ve gotta drizzle that stack of pancakes with maple syrup, amirite? Autumn flavors at their finest, but without the expected and somewhat overused pumpkin.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I love me a pumpkin tea or two. I even made a pumpkin tea last month and I can’t say that a fall season will ever pass without at least one pumpkin tea from me. However, after finding ‘pumpkin’ in everything from breakfast cereal to kale chips – heck, there’s even pumpkin salsa, pumpkin spice chili starter and pumpkin dog treats – well, let’s just say I’m at the point to say, enough with the pumpkin already! I’m ready for something just a little different!

So here it is!

A Carrot Cake Pancake tea: I start with my organic black tea base of Ceylon, Assam & Yunnan teas. Then I added carrots, allspice, cinnamon and a touch of nutmeg and a touch of maple essence. Very YUM!

ingredients: carrots

organic ingredients: black teas, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, calendula petals & natural flavors

About 52teas