Grilled Pineapple

Grilled Food, Malt, Pineapple, Smoke, Umami
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 3 g 12 oz / 354 ml

From 52teas

I absolutely LOVE pineapple – and my favorite way to prepare it is to grill fresh spears of pineapple over charcoal. The fruit spears take on a slight smokiness from the charcoal grilling while the natural sugars accumulate on the surface and become caramelized from the intense heat. Grilled pineapple is one of my favorite summertime treats!

So I decided to try to recreate it in tea form: I started with organic Assam and an Assamica grown in the Yunnan province and added just a bit of Lapsang Souchong to the blend for a touch of smokiness. Then I added a bunch of diced pineapples and a kiss of caramel essence.

This tea is true to the name: it tastes like grilled pineapple – only better because – TEA!

organic ingredients: black teas, pineapple, calendula petals & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

April 2020 Reblend

Imagine pairing this savoury grilled pineapple tea with your cheesy pineapple pizza. Maximize the hot, steamy pineapple to 200%. My father and all savoury pineapple haters out there just cringed right now but the rest of us are golden! Pineapple golden.

Flavors: Grilled Food, Malt, Pineapple, Smoke, Umami

This one was delicious!

YES for pineapple everything

I am a fan of this one. Davids tea needs to make their version more like this one and i might actually buy some haha. Wish i’d picked some of this one up now because it’s a really nice pineapple tea. I think the base tea really does it for me when balanced with the pineapple. Nice job anne! thanks for letting me try this variaTEA!

Roswell Strange

Oh man, the DT Grilled Pineapple was BAD! This one, however, I am a big fan of!

52Teas

Secret: this one was just reblended, it is April’s featured reblend.

feck. but. but. pandeeeemmiiiic!!!

52Teas

I still gotsta make the teas during the pandemic. People NEED tea! :)

Yes, tea = essential.

Delicious!

The pineapple note is bright, sweet and juicy and reminds me a lot of Pineapple flavoured Jarritos soda, but offset but a subtle, smooth smokey note from the lapsang and more tannin and malt from the black tea in general. It’s well balanced, and deeply enjoyable!

Right then, I like this a lot. Why? Well, I’ll tell you.

The base is nice and rich and malty. It has a nice heft to it. A very nice heft to it.

That was my problem with Anne’s Pineapple Marshmallow Black of some time ago, that the base didn’t have enough backbone to stand up to the juicy fresh pineapple and pillows of marshmallow.

That has been remedied here. I like it. I like it a lot.

Bravo to the tea maestro!

And now the laundromat. I’ll bring the tea to help bolster some ambition.

Sipdown #8

Ok, one last time for this one. Right off the bat I’m going to confess, I upped the sweetener for the last couple rounds of this. With two splendas I finally get that pineapple pop I was looking for… Unfortunately only on the first steep. That’s not to say that a second steep isn’t pleasing, but the pineapple fades after steep #1. But for one brief shining cup I had my pineapple yummy goodness.

I will be sad to see this one go. I had such high hopes for it and once I added the sufficient amount of sweetener to kickstart the pineapple flavor, it was actually quite nice, However, in all honesty, it shouldn’t take that much sweetener just to make something palatable. So farewell, Grilled Pineapple. I’ll miss you, but not too much.

Flavors: Pineapple

Apparently I am on a 52 Teas kick because every tea I have reached for lately seems to be 52 teas blends. When I opened this one up, I broke the seal, so it is now being stored in a plastic bag. Which just means I will need to drink it sooner rather than later…and I am okay with that because this is grilled pineapple goodness. Just like the sweet treat you get at churrascarias. Yum!!

52Teas

52Teas kicks are good things. :)

Oh I go on the 52Teas kick occasionally. :D