Raspberry Cheesecake with Lemon Swirl

Green Tea
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “This one is from Annie! Thanks so much for sharing it! I definitely wanted to try it. I love the idea of a raspberry lemon cheesecake. The bright raspberries look amazing in the blend and I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Also finished this one off during the course of the afternoon. This one just needed to be more raspberry cheesecake, while most of the time i was more green lemon tea with a little tartness. Not...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for August 13, 2018!

August 18 is my youngest daughter’s birthday so for her “birthday week”, I let her decide on what tea I should make and this is the flavor combination she came up with. Not a surprise, really, since one of her favorite treats from our favorite bakery is the Raspberry Cheesecake with Lemon Swirl.

I felt that an organic green tea blend (Chun Mee, Gunpowder & Yun Wu) would make a good base for these flavors, because it’s sweet and smooth with just a hint of bitterness that would compliment the lemon-y flavors well.

This is really nice – a forward cream cheese note with a sweet-tart raspberry and lemon finish – and it’s organic, VEGAN, gluten-free and allergen-free

organic ingredients: green teas, raspberries, lemons, lemon balm & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

This one is from Annie! Thanks so much for sharing it! I definitely wanted to try it. I love the idea of a raspberry lemon cheesecake. The bright raspberries look amazing in the blend and I made sure to get a lemon wedge in that cup. I really tried to steep the first steep short, so I could maximize the cheesecake flavor. However, there wasn’t any resulting cheesecake flavor at all (even though this was a 15gram original pouch and hardly old tea yet). The lemon is the strongest flavor here, with only hints of raspberry. The green tea is refreshing here, but then takes over in the second steep. Maybe I should have went with even shorter steeps. I’m also wondering what these flavors would have tasted like on a white tea base… with tons more cheesecake flavor.
It has been since early January since I’ve made any tea purchases, so two months (Lupicia). That means I’m holding to my word so far this year with less tea purchases. I feel bad for not supporting the tea shops though! But I will stay strong.
Steep #1 // 1 heaping teaspoon for a full mug // 32 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // 30 minutes after boiling // 2-3 minute steep

tea-sipper

Is the tasting note dashboard stuck again? No new notes for six hours that I’m seeing.

tea-sipper

Wait, and this note had other comments before.

Kittenna

Maybe nobody wrote notes? I just wrote a note and it’s appearing, but it could just be for me.

Kittenna

Good for you for not purchasing! I’m trying to be strong, too – it’s so hard, especially being on Steepster!

tea-sipper

Oh WAIT. I was remembering Anne replying, but that was to the Blueberrie-zzz today. So yeah, no comments on this tea today. Whoops.

Also finished this one off during the course of the afternoon. This one just needed to be more raspberry cheesecake, while most of the time i was more green lemon tea with a little tartness. Not a bad tea, but not my favourite of the 52 teas :)

Final Count: 41