Gingerbread Brulee

Baked Bread, Burnt Sugar, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Nutmeg, Cake, Clove
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “Thanks so much for sending over a sample of this one for me to try, Annie! It’s odd though… I could swear from what I’m tasting that I steeped up Ginger Cola, also from the advent calendar. The...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a delightful gingerbread tea. Honestly one of the best balanced gingerbread flavors which is warm and spicy but awesomely like a cookie. I am not getting brulee 100% but I suppose that...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another cup of this as well – properly steeped. Buut, I didn’t pay enough attention to write a good note about it. All I can say is that it tasted like a spiced black tea, and I didn’t really get...” Read full tasting note
  • “no sipdowns today. Need to fortify myself for today’s adventures. Not only did i do too much yesterday, but i didn’t sleep that well and today is going to be along one. Baby shower without my...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

This is a tea that I had planned out way back when I was still in the planning stages of taking over 52Teas – but kept putting off again and again. Why? I don’t know. But I sure am glad I finally blended this because WOW! It’s ah-ma-ZING!

I started out with a blend of black teas (Yunnan, Assam & Ceylon) and added ginger & candied ginger, a bit of cinnamon & cloves, some freshly shaved nutmeg as well as some creme brulee essence to complete the tea.

The cuppa starts out with strong gingerbread notes with mere hints of the creamy brulee. The ginger is definitely present in at the start, so there’s no mistaking that this is, indeed, a GINGERBREAD brulee. As I continue to sip, the custard-y notes of the creme brulee start to emerge and the flavors seem to come together and become more smooth with each sip. By the end of the cup, I find a very lovely balance of both creme brulee (and I even some of that bittersweet burnt sugar in there!) and gingerbread.

And of course, this is organic, VEGAN, gluten-free & allergen free!

organic ingredients: black teas, ginger root, candied ginger (sugar & ginger), cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Thanks so much for sending over a sample of this one for me to try, Annie! It’s odd though… I could swear from what I’m tasting that I steeped up Ginger Cola, also from the advent calendar. The profile is very similar to me, as well as the base tea. It’s strong with the ginger, and not really anything creamy or like ‘brulee’. So mostly it tastes like ginger with a base very similar to Ginger Cola. At least with Ginger Cola, it mostly tasted like cola and not ginger? But this one also tasted VERY much like cola. These teas have been well packaged in their original packaging, so it has nothing to do with storage. Like I said, very odd. This gets a lower rating because it is nothing like ‘brulee’ for me, or anything dessert like…
Steep #1 // 1 heaping teaspoon for a full mug // 14 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 minute steep

This is a delightful gingerbread tea. Honestly one of the best balanced gingerbread flavors which is warm and spicy but awesomely like a cookie. I am not getting brulee 100% but I suppose that sweet is what is keeping the spice in check.

Somehow my face is burning as I drink though. I think I’m wind burned. Or perhaps I’m just in dire need of moisture.

Cameron B.

I’m sitting here trying to decide what “ingenious” was auto-corrected from… XD

VariaTEA

Bahahaha I didnt even notice that and honestly i don’t know. I am going to delete that now lol

Cameron B.

Aww, and here I was hoping to discover the answer to the mystery! :P

Another cup of this as well – properly steeped. Buut, I didn’t pay enough attention to write a good note about it. All I can say is that it tasted like a spiced black tea, and I didn’t really get any creaminess. Steeped correctly, though, it’s not nearly as strongly spiced as my first cup, which is a good thing. Had a decent resteep as well.

no sipdowns today. Need to fortify myself for today’s adventures. Not only did i do too much yesterday, but i didn’t sleep that well and today is going to be along one. Baby shower without my other half for HIS cousin (he has to work) then dinner with friends after that. Pulled this one out to try again since i know it was a decent cup of tea the first time even if it wasn’t “brulee” still not getting brulee, but the gingerspice is still a nice cup. hoping i can remember to try this as a lattee eventually as well as i think it would fare really nicely that way.

VariaTEA

I feel like this will be a tasty latte but it’s also awesome plain so I dont kno if I want to use my entire packet on one cup…hmmm

VariaTEA

Also I hope today ended up being ok and that you’re not too tired.

Don’t make a latte. I have lots this one and can share if you want to try it later heh

I survived today….won one of the baby games – chugging orange pop out of a bottle…lol just a late night as we met up with friends after as well since we have t seen them in forever…but at least I can work from home tomorrow haha

Kittenna

Chugging orange pop out of a bottle just makes me think of the glucose challenge. Haha.

@kittenna – yeah except this was through a baby bottle..so it was less chugging and more how much arm/hand strength do you have to squeeze the crap out of this thing so the liquid will come out.

12th Day of Christmas Teas

This blend makes a nice spiced cup; with a milk substitute I found the dessert-like (caramalized sugar) qualities come out more but the ginger spice is neutralized a tad. Either way, it’s a comforting tea.

I meant to finish the last of this up in my travel mug for my first day back at work on Thursday. However, when I arrived my coworkers encouraged me to take another day or two off, as my eyes are still kind of pink and infrequently gross (those coworkers are going on a trip in a couple weeks and reaaally don’t want to catch anything). I went to the Doctor’s instead, who told me that 1) it was caused by Strep, 2) the antibiotics I was given meant my eyes shouldn’t be contagious anymore (so I could’ve technically worked), and 3) returning Monday isn’t a bad idea because I have a cough, which is also unlikely to be contagious (yay sinuses?). So.. I drank the tea at home, and that was fine too I guess.

All in all, this week has not been super for my social or work life, and I did a poor job of realistically communicating how much time off I needed to my boss and coworkers, but I think I physically need this right now too. These blends from 52teas have also all been decent to excellent and provided further motivation to clear out the dregs of my home and work tea cupboards. There are teas that are from 2012 in there and they are sad specimens indeed.

I guess 11 days in isn’t too late to make some more New Year resolutions!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Burnt Sugar, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Nutmeg

Mastress Alita

Feel free to join us in the 2019 Sipdown Resolution party thread in the forums, the more the merrier!

CrowKettle

I will check that out; thanks for the suggestion! :)

I know I’ve been pretty rough on 52teas, but this one and the Banana Pancakes one have sold me! This was fantastic! Gingerbread teas often disappoint me in not having quite enough bite, or else (less commonly) going so far overboard they hurt to drink. This was perfect! Spicy fragrance with the taste to match – truly delicious and truly gingerbread. It somehow had that cake taste, it wasn’t just a spicy chai. Well done! (Now if only I had discovered that in time to order more, lol!)

Flavors: Cake, Clove, Ginger, Nutmeg

52Teas

I’m glad you liked this one – it will be on the website on Monday (I hope) – after I ship out December’s subscription boxes.

TreeGal

Oh, yay, I just figured I missed it! Thanks for letting me know!

12th tea of Christmas

my first whiff of this tea was all CLOVE and I whispered ‘yessssssss’ to no one. this is so tasty. to me, this is Christmas in a tea. ginger, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, there’s some nice custard-y flavours in there too. I’m going to have to try this with almond milk later. yessss.