Horchata & Rum Genmaicha

Cinnamon, Sweet, Toasted Rice
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Kawaii433
185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more 4 g 12 oz / 354 ml

• “Well, end of the day I promised to come back about this tea, and while it was good…. I didn’t taste hardly any cinnamon nor rum notes (I admit I don’t know what rum really tastes like lol), mainly...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

This is one that I get regular requests to reblend – and with last month’s poll results, it’s one that I would have reblended for the 12 Teas of Christmas based on the votes but I decided to instead reblend it now because – I happen to love this blend too.

This blend was originally crafted by Frank in 2014 and called a different name based on a branded alcoholic beverage – one that combines the flavors of Rum & Horchata. Shortly after he released this blend, he received a cease & desist letter from the company that makes that alcoholic beverage – so rather than name the reblend that same name (and risk receiving another cease & desist letter), we decided to rename the blend “Cease & Desist”.

I’ve reblended this once shortly after we took over, so this is our second reblend of this popular flavor. My original description of this tea goes like this:

This tea is formerly known as – well, I can’t say, because Frank was served with a Cease & Desist order for the name of it. So, imagine if you would, a liquor that is rum and horchata. (Horchata is a Latin rice drink that is sweet with a touch of cinnamon.) Now imagine those flavors with a Matcha infused Genmaicha! YUM!

I stuck pretty close to the recipe for this because I happened to love it just the way it was. Or is. Sweet, creamy – with a smooth note of rum. Delicious!

About 52teas View company

Well, end of the day I promised to come back about this tea, and while it was good…. I didn’t taste hardly any cinnamon nor rum notes (I admit I don’t know what rum really tastes like lol), mainly just the toasted rice notes. It was smooth and not at all unpleasant just nothing like horchata which usually has cream or milk, vanilla and strong cinnamon notes. It reminds me of a good toasted barley or rice tea. Thank you 52Teas for sending this to me this week.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Sweet, Toasted Rice