Lime Marshmallow Treat Genmai-ChunMee

Green Tea
Cream, Creamy, Lemon Zest, Lime, Marshmallow, Toasted Rice, Citrus, Sweet, Vanilla, Yogurt
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas
170 °F / 76 °C 3 g 10 oz / 295 ml

• “This is exactly what you’d expect. Creamy lime flavouring with toasty rice, and a bit more flavour in the green tea than genmaichas usually have. I may actually like the genmai-chunmee base more...” Read full tasting note
  • “The other day I got to try 4 different 52Teas flavored teas. I had all of them as recommended (For once lol. I usually put them in a 20oz and sip them throughout the day). It’s a good genmaicha...” Read full tasting note
  • “I love the Marshmallow Treat genmaicha flavors from 52Teas, they always have a variety of special blends with this as the base and I love to try them all. This blend adds a new spin of using...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for March 11, 2019!

This is a deliciously different marshmallow treat genmaicha!

Instead of using the usual organic Matcha infused Genmaicha – which is made with a combination of Japanese Bancha and toasted/popped rice which is then lightly dusted with Matcha – I combined organic Chinese Chun Mee with toasted/popped rice (also organic) to use as a base for this blend.

To this “Genmai-ChunMee”, I added marshmallow root, lime leaves and dried lime segments to create our newest Marshmallow Treat tea: Lime Marshmallow Treat Genmai-ChunMee!

And it is so good! It’s also VEGAN, all-organic, gluten-free and allergen-free!

organic ingredients: green tea, toasted/popped rice, marshmallow root, lime leaves, dried lime segments & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

This is exactly what you’d expect. Creamy lime flavouring with toasty rice, and a bit more flavour in the green tea than genmaichas usually have. I may actually like the genmai-chunmee base more than the regular genmaicha with matcha. I don’t think I’m a fan of the matcha for whatever reason.

Anyways, really nothing to say here because this tea delivers exactly what it’s supposed to.

The other day I got to try 4 different 52Teas flavored teas. I had all of them as recommended (For once lol. I usually put them in a 20oz and sip them throughout the day). It’s a good genmaicha with roasted rice notes, and it was very citrusy, lime and the rind notes. There was no hint of bitterness, just a nice fruity lime taste with a creamy marshmallow background.

I bet this would taste really good iced as well. I’m becoming quite a fan of 52Teas but I admit other than them, I’m still not into trying anyone else’s flavored teas other than 52Teas (and Lupicia). I held a few boxes at the grocery store the other day, and I just couldn’t lol. I like the fruit bits, the naturalness of their teas. It always feels so wholesome when I drink them versus artificial ickiness.

Flavors: Cream, Creamy, Lemon Zest, Lime, Marshmallow, Toasted Rice

3 g 10 OZ / 295 ML
tea-sipper

Another fan of 52Teas. :D

Me too. Most obviously.

Celebrate what you want to see more of!

Kawaii433

Definitely :D

derk

If I when I catch a bug for buying blended teas, 52teas will be my stop because of the lack of artificial flavoring.

Kawaii433

derk, agree and I like the way 52Teas list what the ingredients are so you can pick and choose by the ingredients too. The “taste” of some artificial ingredients are usually so overwhelming (I admit I don’t have a lot of experience with them though lol) and I especially hate the overuse of stevia or artificial sweeteners in other flavored teas I’ve tried. ) I don’t experience that with 52Teas at all.

I love the Marshmallow Treat genmaicha flavors from 52Teas, they always have a variety of special blends with this as the base and I love to try them all. This blend adds a new spin of using chunmee green tea alongside the puffed rice and other ingredients.

This tea is fragrant and sweet and flavorful and I really enjoy it. But I think it would be more aptly named as something like Key Lime Pie ChunMee. I just don’t detect as much of the toasted rice cereal-like flavor I usually taste in other 52Teas genmaicha blends. The tea smells just like the sweet vanilla lime dessert yogurt flavor and goes well with the bright green tea base. It is the perfect balance of tart and sweet and feels deliciously spring and summery. This tea is for fans of lime more than fans of genmaicha, but luckily I am a fan of both and can’t wait to brew another mug.

Flavors: Citrus, Cream, Lime, Marshmallow, Sweet, Vanilla, Yogurt

170 °F / 76 °C
Evol Ving Ness

Yeah, I think it would be best for me not to read your reviews. Your writing makes everything far too tempting.

A2ShedsJackson / MrsPremise

Haha, well I wanted to capture my enjoyment of drinking them. So much good tea, so little time.

Yeah, there’s that.