The Cheshire Cat's Tea

banana, Coconut, Wood
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas
Boiling 8 min or more 4 g 12 oz / 354 ml

• “I love banana teas. 52Teas seems to be especially good at using banana flavoring. I was excited to get this in a mystery pack from 52Teas, because I was always weary of trying this one because of...” Read full tasting note
  • “Ok, just a quickie to start tonight off, I’m gonna begin this by letting yinz know this is somewhat outside my comfort zone as far as teas go. It’s got coconut and banana, both of which are not my...” Read full tasting note
  • “Finishing this up tonight..kiddo in bed and now ian and i can sit and try and play a game or two before we crash early haha. Been a long day. Happy to be finishing this year out in fine tea form. ...” Read full tasting note
  • “From the ingredient list, this blend sounds like a great flavour combo (aside from the honeybush/rooibos base, since I’m just not a big fan). Bananas, coconut, marshmallow root – sounds like a...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

A naturally caffeine-free blend of Honeybush & Rooibos combined with bananas, coconut & marshmallow root

The Cheshire Cat is one of my favorite characters in this story – so I simply had to include him in on this Mad Tea Party! Since that whacky cat is definitely a bit nutty, I started with a base of naturally nutty Honeybush & Rooibos. Then to take that “Mad & Crazy” message home, I added some bananas and coconut before adding some marshmallow root and just a touch of marshmallow essence.

Wonderfully sweet, this would make a fantastic after dinner treat that won’t keep you awake with caffeine. In addition to being naturally caffeine free, it’s also organic, gluten-free & allergen-free . . . and of course VEGAN!

organic ingredients: honeybush, rooibos, bananas, coconut, marshmallow root & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

I love banana teas. 52Teas seems to be especially good at using banana flavoring. I was excited to get this in a mystery pack from 52Teas, because I was always weary of trying this one because of the rooibos. Unfortunately for me I find the woodiness of the rooibos pretty dominant. The banana is very present as well, which is nice, but the rooibos kills it for me.

Ok, just a quickie to start tonight off, I’m gonna begin this by letting yinz know this is somewhat outside my comfort zone as far as teas go. It’s got coconut and banana, both of which are not my favorite flavor profiles, but I wanted to, how should I put this, I wanted to try something that I wouldn’t normally drink tonight. So Cheshire Cat it is.

I steeped this Western, Keurig water, 4.5g/12oz/9min. One of these days I will invest in a water thermometer so I can gauge what temp my Keurig brews water at. Today is not that day. Tomorrow has potential, but don’t hold your breath.

Taste without sugar is… Ok, I don’t know what that is. There’s heavy woodiness from the Honeybush, and I can taste the banana and coconut. But I think I would like it better with Splenda.

Flavor with one Splenda? Much better. The sweetness is bringing out the coconut and the banana while calming down the WOOD! a lot. Yes, this is much better. This is something I believe I could enjoy. As I said, it’s out of my safe zone; it’s not like anything I would drink on a regular basis. But maybe that’s the problem. Maybe I’ve been drinking too many “safe” teas. Perhaps I need to put myself out there and experiment. After all: not all new foods can be tried via a dream.

(To explain, I don’t usually try new flavors or foods outside what I know I like. The exception is when I wake up from a dream where I was eating something I don’t normally eat, and then I can’t be satisfied until I try that new food IRL. That’s legitimately how I learned I liked several new foods, including buffalo wings, blue cheese, and salt and vinegar chips. I have weird dreams guys!)

Anyway, back to the tea. This is really good. It’s something different, and while I can’t compare this to other banana teas (this is my first), I think it’s a good starting point. The banana isn’t overwhelming, and it meshes well with the other flavors. Just realize that it has a heavy wood leaning, so if drinking lumber isn’t your thing, I would avoid it.

I said this would be a quickie. I lied. OOPS.

Flavors: banana, Coconut, Wood

Boiling 8 min or more 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Finishing this up tonight..kiddo in bed and now ian and i can sit and try and play a game or two before we crash early haha. Been a long day. Happy to be finishing this year out in fine tea form. achieved all my sipdown goals!

13 teas (370g); 7 puerh (795g). I have a bunch of tea coming in the new year because i treated myself with my work bonus (and ‘cause i’ll be back at work soon enough) but that’s a problem for next year haha!

From the ingredient list, this blend sounds like a great flavour combo (aside from the honeybush/rooibos base, since I’m just not a big fan). Bananas, coconut, marshmallow root – sounds like a dream combination! However, there’s something very strongly-flavoured in it that I’m not enjoying – it’s kind of an alcoholic flavour? It could be in part the rooibos, or maybe a flavouring that’s just rubbing me the wrong way. I think I might try it brewed a little more weakly to see if that can improve the flavour, but I had trouble finishing my cup (it didn’t help that I was drinking Bread Pudding Oolong beside it, which I was absolutely in love with). Current rating would be around a 58, but maybe I can coax it up a little higher!