The Queen of Hearts Tea

Malt, Pleasantly Sour, Rose, Spicy, Sweet, Vanilla
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “Quite happy with this tea because the rose is NOT overly strong….or I’ve been lucky so far lol. Today was mostly vanilla with a little bit of tart raspberry coming through. And since it’s the...” Read full tasting note
  • “It’a probably the best out of 52 Teas that I have tried so far. All of the flavors blend seamlessly together. The rose sweetness predominates but without being over the top. Sweet, malty, a bit...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

A complex combination of black teas (including a Rose Congou) blended with Raspberries & vanilla bean

When I first came up with the idea to do a Mad Tea Party theme, this tea was the first one that started to formulate in my mind. I knew that the Queen of Hearts had to have a rose tea. (Painting the Roses Red!) So this tea starts with a Rose Congou. To that, I added some Assam, Ceylon & Yunnan teas and just a touch of Vietnamese black tea to round out the flavors. This rather large assemblage of black teas creates an uncommonly rich yet smooth flavor – and the Queen of Hearts would certainly not drink anything “common” now, would she?

I wanted something more than just rose, though, so I added some red raspberries and some vanilla bean to the blend. The result is a cup that’s sweet-tart from the raspberries, a little creamy from the vanilla with just the right kiss of rose. The black tea offers a bold flavor – like the Queen herself.

I really love this tea. It tastes amazing hot – would make a perfect breakfast or afternoon tea. It’s also rather splendid as an iced tea. However you decide to serve it, it’s fantastic. It’s also organic, gluten free, allergen free & VEGAN!

organic ingredients: black teas, raspberries, rose buds/petals, vanilla bean & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Quite happy with this tea because the rose is NOT overly strong….or I’ve been lucky so far lol. Today was mostly vanilla with a little bit of tart raspberry coming through. And since it’s the weekend I got to drink it hot! Woohoo! Hahaha

It’a probably the best out of 52 Teas that I have tried so far. All of the flavors blend seamlessly together. The rose sweetness predominates but without being over the top. Sweet, malty, a bit sour and spicy. The flavors are evolving as you drink.

The taste is very thick and long lasting: this tea is almost like a meal. Very filling. This is what I ea desert tea should be.

Flavors: Malt, Pleasantly Sour, Rose, Spicy, Sweet, Vanilla

Kawaii433

Darn, I wish I liked rose. It sounds good.

gmathis

I’m surprised that I do like rose. Floral teas aren’t generally my favorites, but when it’s well done, rose adds a little sweetness without tasting like the perfume my grandma used to stick in the bottom of her undies drawer and never use. (Same dresser where she hid the candy box :)