Pineapple Cheesecake

Green Tea
Cream, Creamy, Pineapple, Sweet, Tart
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Shanie O Maniac

• “Trying to catch up on my tea log while the little one is still asleep. Tried to tire her out this morning so that we could have a one nap day. Had this one a few days ago and while I love it….I’m...” Read full tasting note
  • “Okay! So, another of the new teas! Just a short writeup on this one. Unadulterated, you can get the pineapple flavor, but none of the “cheesecake”. It just tastes like a mildly juicy, unsweet...” Read full tasting note
  • “I absolutely love pineapple teas, but they seem to be rather difficult to find. It’s always pineapple+coconut, or pineapple+some other combination of tropical fruits. This pineapple was authentic...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for November 25, 2019!

I wanted to create this tea mostly because it’s been a while since I’ve made a pineapple tea. Oh, sure, I’ve made a few where pineapple is part of a fruit medley but I haven’t done something where pineapple has a starring role for at least a few months. Pineapple is a favorite fruit of mine, so I wanted to do something about that – right away!

I can’t recall if I’ve ever actually tasted a pineapple cheesecake but this is how I would imagine it would taste – you know – plus green tea. The green tea actually kind of steals the show with this cup – I like the way this particular blend of organic Chun Mee & Gunpowder green teas shine through here. It’s rich, smooth & earthy. I expected this blend to do well with this flavor combination but I didn’t expect it to be this good. Where the green tea excels & stands out here is that it plays so well to the flavors of the cheesecake. All to often in teas where cheesecake is supposed to be a featured flavor, it turns out that cheesecake is kind of lacking, but I’m not getting that here at all. The cheesecake flavor is THERE – it’s creamy & tangy & tastes … remarkably like cheesecake.

The pineapple is present too – of course & it provides a nice sweetness to contrast the tangy notes of the cream cheese flavor. Overall – a really lovely blend. Of course, it’s VEGAN – as well as gluten-free, allergen-free & organic!

organic ingredients: green teas, freeze-dried diced pineapple & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Trying to catch up on my tea log while the little one is still asleep. Tried to tire her out this morning so that we could have a one nap day. Had this one a few days ago and while I love it….I’m not really getting much cheese cake. It’s a fantastic pineapple green tea….with a hint of creaminess. So I’m a fan, but not sure if it was just the mix in my cup or not, but it wasn’t quite cream cheesy. But I really liked it.

Okay! So, another of the new teas!

Just a short writeup on this one. Unadulterated, you can get the pineapple flavor, but none of the “cheesecake”. It just tastes like a mildly juicy, unsweet pineapple. With just one Splenda, however, the sweetness of the pineapple not only appears but is amplified into a lovely juicy sweet/tart flavor. It’s the same pineapple goodness I remembered from the Grilled Pineapple tea I loved so much from 52teas.

That brings me to the second part. I’m a huge cheesecake fan. If you put cheesecake in front of me, I eat it. Screw the diabetes, cheesecake wins every time. That’s just the rules.

This… doesn’t taste like cheesecake. You know what it does taste like though? Cream.

That’s right. If there was some magically possible way to blend pineapple with cream, this is what I can imagine it would taste like. It’s lovely. I’m not even mad about it not tasting specifically like cheesecake. I just love the juxtaposition of cream/pineapple. I didn’t even know I would like creamy pineapple, but dangit if this doesn’t make it work!

Great stuff. I’m so grateful I bought a bunch of this. Wonderful tea.

EDIT: Fun fact. This is a pineapple tea. I currently am going HARD for a certain Broadway Musical involving a pineapple dwelling sponge. So there’s that bit of synergy going on.

Flavors: Cream, Creamy, Pineapple, Sweet, Tart

derk

There’s a Spongebob musical??

Shanie O Maniac

There absolutely is, and it rocks. It’s like a 2-hour long serotonin generator and I love every minute of it.

I absolutely love pineapple teas, but they seem to be rather difficult to find. It’s always pineapple+coconut, or pineapple+some other combination of tropical fruits. This pineapple was authentic and juicy, with some beautiful creamy notes to finish it off.