Chocolate Orange Cannoli

Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

• “Sipdown (796)! Thank you for sharing Kittenna! I finally get why Sil is going a little bit crazy over this tea blend; it’s really good! You know what it reminds me of? Butiki’s Three Friends blend...” Read full tasting note
  • “I love a chocolate orange tea! This one definitely didn’t disappoint. Nic creamy vanilla/orange, with mild chocolate notes to balance out the citrus. Very well-balanced, and super tasty.” Read full tasting note
  • “am. in. love. Seriously. In some ways i’m stupidly glad that it’s am amoda blend so that i can get more. Though i HATE amoda’s shopping charges – they’re ridiculous! The rest will be off to...” Read full tasting note
  • “Second tea from the December Amoda box! This tea instantly reminded me of Butiki’s Two Friends – the orange and chocolate combination smelled just like it. Flavourwise, it’s similar but on a...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Product description not available yet.

About 52teas View company

Sipdown (796)!

You know what it reminds me of? Butiki’s Three Friends blend – all the major players are kind of there, in terms of flavour. Big check on both the creamy, smooth chocolate notes and sweet orange – and then that “marshmallow” element kind of loosely feels like it’s being fulfilled with the cream/vanilla note I’m getting which I’d imagine is meant to replicate the “filling” of a cannoli!? Added bonus is that the tea also comes through very nicely, and isn’t lost under all the other flavours.

I’m not entirely sure I’m sold on the cannoli concept, but I also think I just don’t care because for a brief moment I got to relive the spirit of Butiki in this cup. I think it’s a testament to Anne in that, when she nails a blend, she fucking nails that blend.

The rest will be off to variaTEA or I’ll drink what i have again until my order arrives lol

gmathis

Chocolate and orange are just perfect together, aren’t they?

When it’s done right…absolutely! I haven’t had a good chocolate orange tea since butiki :(

52Teas

For the record, I only blended one batch for Amoda – there are no plans to reblend.

@anne….I might have purchased 150g lol

52Teas

Well, actually, it was more than one batch because they needed a large quantity of tea, so what I should have said is that no arrangements have been made to reblend this or any of the other teas in the future.

52Teas

@Sil – :) That should keep you in the tea for a while!

@anne – maaaaaaayyyybe lol it’s really good.

52Teas

I’m happy you’re enjoying it!

Second tea from the December Amoda box!

This tea instantly reminded me of Butiki’s Two Friends – the orange and chocolate combination smelled just like it. Flavourwise, it’s similar but on a different base, and more chocolatey. The orange aroma hits first, followed by a rich chocolate and more muted orange flavour, backed by a fantastic base tea blend that’s providing the body and making this a well-rounded, nuanced tea (and a nice lingering aftertaste). It’s really good; I’m enjoying it more than I expected. Does it taste like cannoli? I have no idea, but it is quite delicious and I’d like to have a little bit more of it. Haven’t had such a perfectly executed chocolate orange tea in a while. I’m anticipating Sil will enjoy this one?

Are you brewing these according to the package directions or like Anne usually has on her packages?

Kittenna

Neither, I think I probably did about 1.5 tsp for 2-3 minutes, 90ish degree water. That’s kind of my default for blacks right now.