Mom's Birthday Cake (aka Date Cake with Ginger Orange Glaze)

Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “This smells absolutely incredible. Like a honey pound cake topped with date syrup and candied oranges. The flavor is much more subdued than the smell, and there’s a bit of sharpness from the black...” Read full tasting note
  • “Our Tea of the Week for March 2, 2020! This tea was crafted in honor of my mom – her birthday is at the beginning of March, and I wanted to create a tea for her birthday. Date! Orange! Ginger! Even...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for March 2, 2020!

My mom’s birthday is this week, so I decided that I should make a tea to celebrate the woman who brought the Mad Tea Artist into the world. Happy Birthday, Mom – you mean the world to me!

This tea starts with a blend of black teas (a flavorful Keemun & a rich, tippy Yunnan – both organic!) – then I added lots of sweet, delicious dates, dried orange wedges, ginger root & just a touch of cake essence to create a birthday cake that should bring a smile to my mom’s face – & hopefully yours too!

Super yummy – this blend is organic, VEGAN, gluten free & allergen free!

organic ingredients: black teas, dates, ginger root, oranges & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

This smells absolutely incredible. Like a honey pound cake topped with date syrup and candied oranges. The flavor is much more subdued than the smell, and there’s a bit of sharpness from the black tea blend. The ginger is very mild, almost undetectable. The combination of flavors is lovely.

Date! Orange! Ginger! Even a touch of cake-y flavor. This blend comes together the way I hoped it would. The orange & date are a bit softer so that the flavor of the dates could be front & center. The orange is sweet & bright – complementing the notes of date very nicely so that the sweetness of the date does not become a cloying taste. The ginger is gently warm – a warmth that starts off in the back of the throat & slowly develops. It’s nice – not too spicy – but contrasting the sweeter notes of the fruit & cake just enough to keep things interesting for the palate.

tea-sipper

A great idea for a blend – sounds delicious!