Peaches with Vanilla Sabayon

Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

1 Tasting Note View all

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for March 9, 2020!

This tea kind of came to me “on the fly” – while in the tea studio and finding that the tea that I had previously planned wasn’t a possibility because I was out of one of the ingredients I needed – so I came up with this idea – using our sweet, organic Chinese Sencha & added lots of peaches, vanilla bean, freshly shaved nutmeg & some essence to create a hint of “sabayon”.

For those of you who may be wondering what “Sabayon” is – it’s French for Zabaglione. (Oh & Zabaglione is an Italian custard-like dessert made with wine.)

Anyway, I am loving this tea. Smooth & sweet, creamy & beautifully peachy – this is so nice. I guess I could have just called this peaches & cream but that’s been done & this does have that hint of wine flavor (don’t worry, it’s alcohol-free) even if it IS subtle, so I think it’s more accurate to call it a sabayon. Either way, it’s really good. It’s also organic, VEGAN, gluten-free & allergen-free!

organic ingredients: green tea, peaches, nutmeg, vanilla bean & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

1 Tasting Note

I was very much looking forward to this blend, as I was expecting a creamy peach. But I’m not quite picking up on the flavors I was expecting. Definitely getting more of an apple/orange flavor, rather than any peach. No vanilla to my palate, and the spices are barely detectable.